What are you most excited about?

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
The schedule magnet.

I am kidding. I am most excited about seeing Martin Jones in our net. I remember watching him during that 8 game streak and seeing him battle hard to win games and keep that streak going. We haven't had that in a while.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
These are just rumors of course but here are some possible Jersey ideas for the retro game:

RossTaylor-CaliforniaGoldenSharks.jpg

PatrikGustafsson-SJ(Freak-3rd).png

TaylorRoy-SJ.png

Ack! Too Much orange!

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Eek those look a little bright. There is a part of me that wants to see the Sharks where the bottom uniforms against the Ducks and the Ducks wear the Mighty Ducks throwbacks. That would be cool.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Star Wars!

Oh wait, wrong topic...

Mostly to see how Jones does. We've never had a real franchise goalie and I think Jones has that potential.

Ehh I would argue that Nabokov was a franchise goalie in his prime. He was a legitimate Vezina contender for a few years.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I am excited by the commitment to building a competitive team that was so badly lacking last season.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I am excited by the commitment to building a competitive team that was so badly lacking last season.

Don't you mean last 3-4 seasons? Is nice that Wilson is making some real attempts to fill roster holes. Not all the ones I'd prefer, but legit ones nonetheless.

I'm most excited to see the barracuda play. Will be nice to see for myself how our prospects look up close.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
1. Martin Jones
2. Martin Jones
3. Martin Jones
4. Paul Martin & Wardy
5. Something different (new coach & system)
6. Getting frustrated at all the Fire DW talk when Jones gives up 4 goals in the first game and we lose 4-1.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Don't you mean last 3-4 seasons? Is nice that Wilson is making some real attempts to fill roster holes. Not all the ones I'd prefer, but legit ones nonetheless.

I'm most excited to see the barracuda play. Will be nice to see for myself how our prospects look up close.

Last 3-4 years?

thasanjoseshawksdood*

Theres a lot to be excited about and were definetly in for a heck of ride. Im really curious as to where Deboer takes us... I still don't think not even the best coach of the decade could help the sharks. We need an underdog coach like Deboer to get this team to pull it together.

I think martin jones will start to shine if the team does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
I'm mostly excited about seeing a new system. I wonder if the old system was too complex and needed to be followed too precisely in order to work optimally. Hopefully a less complex system will be easier for the guys to get on the same page and they can start having more fun and begin to tear it up.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I'm excited to see how Jones will do with an opportunity to become a legit starter instead of a back up with the potential to be more

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I am meh on this season. Wait and see. Nothing really to be excited about until they show what they're capable of.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm just interested to see how all the new players gel with each other, and in the new system. Hopefully we get a surprise player this year, like Goldobin.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'm most excited, concerned and anxious to find if Jones can be that goalie.

I'm excited about a lot of things this year. Prospects challenging, new signings, new coach, new year...

Not everyone can win the Cup, but this is pretty damn good time to be a Sharks fan. It could all fall apart quickly though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad