Music: What Are You Listening To Part 5

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
New St. Vincent song. Better than the other new tryhard Bowie single she put out, more natural sounding.

Also Teenage Fanclub released this last year for an upcoming album, still going strong after 25 years the Scottish band and still as easy to listen to.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Bit of a change in direction for one of the better post-punk British bands to come out of the 2010s, bit more electrosynth:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Still bummed these guys called it quits a few months ago, amazing prog rock if you haven't ever checked them out. They started as a depressive death/doom band back in the early 90's, so if that's not your cup o'tea, just skip the first few albums. Weather Systems and Distant Satellites are, IMO, the best. Hopefully when Covid is no longer a thing and bands can tour again they rethink their decision and get back together.​

Reactions: phrenssoa

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019

Still bummed these guys called it quits a few months ago, amazing prog rock if you haven't ever checked them out. They started as a depressive death/doom band back in the early 90's, so if that's not your cup o'tea, just skip the first few albums. Weather Systems and Distant Satellites are, IMO, the best. Hopefully when Covid is no longer a thing and bands can tour again they rethink their decision and get back together.​

My favourite Anathema song is Pitiless. The problem though is that it's basically the only alt radio friendly type song from them that I know, the others were a bit too light and symphonic or fluffy for my taste and didn't have a desire to go through more stuff (heard around 4 albums I think). Always preferred Oceansize and Porcupine Tree as a result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad