What AHL players are NHL calibre?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Is Mark Fayne NHL caliber?

Depends on the team. He could probably be in the top 6 dmen of a team like Colorado or Toronto, but for the most part, he's probably on the bubble. He could be a 7th dman for quite a few teams

Any players who are down in the AHL due to their team having too much depth but who could be servicable in another NHL team?

Berra and Kapanen come to mind.

The same Kapanen who has 1 point in 18 games? I'm not sure I'd call him NHL calibre with stats like that

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Paul LaDue, Kevin Gravel.

Jonny Brodzinski possibly, though he's still working on an identity, and Michael Mersch feels like he's been on our roster bubble forever but just hasn't been able to break through yet.

Reactions: markisonfire

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Adam Erne and Alex Volkov. Possibly Cory Conacher, Matthew Peca, Michael Bournival or Erik Condra.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Kapanen, Dermott, Soshnikov and Rosen have all been NHL ready for some time now.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Leivo, guy could easily put up 20 goals, but we have generational grinding/agitation in Komarov and generational hitting/looking like Brad Pitt in Martin so there's no need to actually "score goals" or whatever the hell you kids are into these days.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
For the Blues Schmaltz is extremely capable just blocked, Barbashev hasn't looked great this year with the big club but is fully capable.

On another note Agostino for the Bruins should be in the NHL in my opinion I'm kind of upset we let him walk.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
A lot for the Rangers
Chytil
Pionk
Graves
Deangelo (pls call him up)

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Shea Theodore. I can't believe he's in the AHL, he's too good for it. He should be in the NHL.

Last year's playoffs 14GP, 8 points as a defenseman for Anaheim Ducks.

AHL this season: 8GP, 5+6, 11 points...

Reactions: SotasicA

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Depends on the team. He could probably be in the top 6 dmen of a team like Colorado or Toronto, but for the most part, he's probably on the bubble. He could be a 7th dman for quite a few teams

The same Kapanen who has 1 point in 18 games? I'm not sure I'd call him NHL calibre with stats like that
If you're just gonna look at box score stats don't bother. 9 of those games were in 2015/2016 when he clearly wasn't ready, but he was definitely NHL calibre last year and this year too. He's been given purely 4th line minutes and still looked quite good. There's nothing left for Kapanen to prove in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad