What AHL players are NHL calibre?

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Mangiapane leads the AHL in scoring with 15 points in 9 games but the chances of him getting a shot this year are very small.

Team is instead full of plugs and our bottom 6 haven't registered a goal yet and we wasted a 2nd on 1 point Lazar who surprise, surprise looks exactly as bad as last year.

#JustCalgaryThings

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nathan Paetsch is a really good AHL d-man, that could be nothing more than a 7th D-man in the NHL. He didn't work out the level above but he has been fantastic in Rochester and Grand Rapids.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
You can argue that Goldobin for the Nucks fits the bill. He was caught in a bit of a numbers game after the Vanek signing late and has put up some pretty great numbers.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Chris Bourque always comes to mind here. He was given a few shots but it always seemed like teams never used him in situations that fit his playing style. A small, speedy winger with a huge shot and they would always put him in the bottom six. Almost a PPG player in the AHL regular season and a .88 PPG player in the AHL post season.

At this point he is what I call a "tweener" or "AAAA" player. Dominant in the AHL, but just not quite good enough to stick in the NHL full time.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Thomas Chabot and Colin White for Ottawa
isnt Colin White injured?
and I do understand why Chabot is in the AHL... he's gets plenty of ice time in Belleville and would have 15-18 minutes in the Nation's Capital. He's there to improve his defensive play and is also better for his development for a year or two

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Chris Bourque always comes to mind here. He was given a few shots but it always seemed like teams never used him in situations that fit his playing style. A small, speedy winger with a huge shot and they would always put him in the bottom six. Almost a PPG player in the AHL regular season and a .88 PPG player in the AHL post season.

At this point he is what I call a "tweener" or "AAAA" player. Dominant in the AHL, but just not quite good enough to stick in the NHL full time.
Used to be a Bears ticket holder and still go semi frequently so I've gotten to see a lot of Bourque over his career. He's legitimately still one of my favorite players in any league. I remember when he was a teenaged rookie on that Calder Cup team and can't believe he's basically a grizzled vet now, lol.

I've always been bummed that things never really worked out for him at the NHL level.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Mangiapane leads the AHL in scoring with 15 points in 9 games but the chances of him getting a shot this year are very small.

Team is instead full of plugs and our bottom 6 haven't registered a goal yet and we wasted a 2nd on 1 point Lazar who surprise, surprise looks exactly as bad as last year.

#JustCalgaryThings

I'm going to keep quoting this for every game that Sam Bennett and the bottom six don't record a single point.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins have a lot, most have been up this year due to the crazy number of injuries they have suffered. Out to date for stretches have been Krejci, Bergeron, Backes, Krug, McQuaid, Spooner,basically most of the centers. Heinen has come up and become a solid player, Agostino, Szwarz, O'Gara, Grezlyk, MacIntyre and Czarnik are up and down. Injured Cehlarik could be pencilled in when he is healthy. Even the young dee like Lauzon or Zboril could get a shot. I think Czarnik, Heinen, Cehlarik, O'Gara could play right now full time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad