Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
IMO,
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
-Not broke, don't fix it

Leivo/Johnsson-Tavares-Brown/Johnsson
-Sheltered scoring line 2 that shits all over whatever matchup they get. Think Evgeni Malkin's entire career.

4th line is whoever wins those spots in training camp + Kapanen.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
People tend to forget Kadri and Tavares played together in London and have chemistry and know how each other plays and how to play with each other so I wouldn't mind seeing these lines:

KADRI - TAVARES - MARNER
MARLEAU - MATTHEWS - NYLANDER
JOHNSSON - HYMAN - KAPANEN
LEIVO - JOORIS - BROWN

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
People tend to forget Kadri and Tavares played together in London and have chemistry and know how each other plays and how to play with each other so I wouldn't mind seeing these lines:

KADRI - TAVARES - MARNER
MARLEAU - MATTHEWS - NYLANDER
JOHNSSON - HYMAN - KAPANEN
LEIVO - JOORIS - BROWN

You would move a 2 way 30 goal scoring center to wing :confused:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I was just here watching Captain America stupid soldier and started thinking about other line possibilities. I'm going to just throw this at you. Please dont be too hard on me. Just making some summer talk to pass the time until training camp.

My main premise is moving Nylander to the 3rd line centre position and bumping Kadri to the fourth. The first 2 lines get equal minutes. The 3rd and fourth line get equal minutes.

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen

Johnson-Tavares-Marner

Leivo-Nylander-Brown

Hyman-Kadri-Grundstrom

So you thought we had amazing centre depth before. Imagine Matthews, Tavares, Nylander and Kadri as your centers? Kadri on the 4th line would eat up other 4th lines for sure. With Hyman and Grundstom on the wing, that would be a nasty nasty line to play against.

Kapanen on the first line is not much off what Nylander brings. They are very similar players and Kappy is a star in the making and we all know how clutch he is. And Kappy is probably the fastest guy in the NHL. It would be a tossup between him and Larkin.

Johnson is going to be on the team for sure this season, just at what position? He would make and excellent fit with JT and Marner.

Leivo finally gets his shot at wing with Willy centering and Brown on the other wing. Brown and Leivo should be good for 15 to 20 goals each with Willy and his creative genius between them.

Hyman, Kadri and Grundstom would be hell to play against and all 3 could put up career numbers.

You can put big boy Engvall (6'5), Korshkov (6'4), Chebykin (6'4) as your spares with a look at Ennis, Gauthier, and Brooks getting some call ups during the season.

Tell me what you think. Would you do it? If you would, how would you break down the minutes to make everyone happy? And do you get excited with the potential of Hyman, Kadri and Grundstom on your 4th line?

Also, you could start every line as the first line every game. Imagine Marleau, Matthews and Kapanen going up against another teams fourth line? With these lines, the other teams wouldn't get the puck much and our D corp will be fine the way it is with Rosen, Lillegrin, Holl and whoever else waiting for their turn.

This still assumes that Nylander is a NHL center and he's not. He's a winger.

I say that with confidence because TOR was working on signing Tavares with Derick Ryan as a back-up plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad