What about C Henrik Borgström, where does he fit in next season?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
May 12, 2021 Hawks signed center Henrik Borgström (23) for 1 way, 2 year contract (1 000 000 cap hit).

Where does he fit in the line up, AHL???.

Because gotta be honest here, i already forgot that he was a Hawks player :laugh:.

Dude has a relatively high ceiling, high potential, at least that's what i think.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He played in the AHL just a year ago, he couldn’t even make the panthers team, he didn’t even light up the AHL he was meh at best….

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Middle six, not sure if at wing or center; we have a lot of guys who can play down the middle already.

I like a lot about Borgstrom. Tall guy with a long reach. Good hands for his size. Skating is NHL quality. But one thing I keep thinking about is Panthers fans saying he was slow mentally for them. Hopefully he's improved in that regard and can be at least a real solid middle sixer for his career.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
What i read from panthers fans was that he was positionally sound and a smart decision maker. But he was not using his size well and getting pushed around.

I.e. the typical reclamation project.

Since hes not waiver exempt and was protected too, i think hes getting a decently long look on the roster before they risk losing him. Maybe at wing? If he can push Johnson and Kurashev to win its already a good sign.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Everyone finds their spot eventually, whether it's in the top 6, bottom 6, or in the AHL. I don't think anyone can really predict where things will end up with guys like him, Nylander, Kurashev etc.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Struggling to see a scenario in which he fits well with any line mates. Put him with offensive guys and they are going to get smoked in their own zone. Not sure he has the grittiness and effort to be a good typical 3D liner. We shall see.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
He played in the AHL just a year ago, he couldn’t even make the panthers team, he didn’t even light up the AHL he was meh at best….
Was much more complicated than this. The panthers lineup featured Barkov, Trocheck, and Bjugstad down the middle. And the AHL is hell for players like borgstrom. It's a jungle, every man for themself, noone plays a system. 45p in 73 games is fine.

I think he's got a great shot, passes well with a high IQ, goes to the high value areas, and can skate well. The problem with these highlights is it doesn't show his defensive game, which could be an area of concern. He'll be a top 6 center for us. Think he'll play on the third line rotating in with tyjo. He'll need a defensive minded winger to play with him

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Centering Alex Nylander.

I'm not a big Nylander fan, but that would be an interesting line. Get them both a winger to do the dirty work and who knows. Borgstrom has a very good shot and good vision. Hell compared to Strome, he's Lucic out there in the corners (yes I am exaggerating but he is far from Strome soft in the trenches). If not Nylander, I would love to see what he and Kurashev can do together. But I think Borgstrom will be at wing to start. It seems Hawks like Johnson at center and Dach is one of the most important players for this franchise to develop there so he stays. We'll see what happens with Toews (and even Strome for that matter).

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Was much more complicated than this. The panthers lineup featured Barkov, Trocheck, and Bjugstad down the middle. And the AHL is hell for players like borgstrom. It's a jungle, every man for themself, noone plays a system. 45p in 73 games is fine.

I think he's got a great shot, passes well with a high IQ, goes to the high value areas, and can skate well. The problem with these highlights is it doesn't show his defensive game, which could be an area of concern. He'll be a top 6 center for us. Think he'll play on the third line rotating in with tyjo. He'll need a defensive minded winger to play with him

Nice wishful thinking, this guy has proved absolutely nothing…

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Remarkable how certain everyone is about how he’ll fit in without having seen him play.

Also remarkable how some people think he would struggle to stay at home and play with himself.

We'll have to wait and see. As of right now - there are a lot of guys fighting for icetime, which is a good sign IMO. If you float, you should be up in the press-box.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Also remarkable how some people think he would struggle to stay at home and play with himself.

We'll have to wait and see. As of right now - there are a lot of guys fighting for icetime, which is a good sign IMO. If you float, you should be up in the press-box.
I don't think he'd have an issue playing with himself...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad