GDT: What a Season: Devils @ Capitals, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I thought Zacha had a great game tonight. His pass to Maroon for his goal was great. He was carrying the play forward, skating with some real speed and used his body well to shield of defenders. There was one rush in particular in the 1st I think that made me think how much potential he has. He skated hard past the defender on the left side, used his body to shield him off and then broke free alone on kind of a 2 on 1 before taking a decent shot.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I thought Zacha had a great game tonight. His pass to Maroon for his goal was great. He was carrying the play forward, skating with some real speed and used his body well to shield of defenders. There was one rush in particular in the 1st I think that made me think how much potential he has. He skated hard past the defender on the left side, used his body to shield him off and then broke free alone on kind of a 2 on 1 before taking a decent shot.
The whole line was tremendous. If they can keep that going, Hall, Nico, and Palmieri keep doing their thing, and the Zajac line shuts down the opposition’s top line, we can put up a tough fight.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Reminds me of another player currently getting the business about his contract...

Which one, Cory or Greene? :laugh:

I mean with Greene his role's the problem right now more than his contract but they don't have anyone better. Get someone better to fill his role. Even Shero can only get one Vatanen at a time. With Cory that's...it's just scary how much he's fallen off. You usually only see this kind of drop out of nowhere in baseball with pitchers.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

Zacha played like a bull in a China shop tonight. The signs are good for him heading into the playoffs

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The whole line was tremendous. If they can keep that going, Hall, Nico, and Palmieri keep doing their thing, and the Zajac line shuts down the opposition’s top line, we can put up a tough fight.

That'd be awesome. That's 3 pretty darn good lines in my opinion. And even a 4th line of say Grabner-Boyle-Gibbons is good.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
In regards to Tampa or Boston, I can see the argument both ways. Looking at one thing...

I think Tampa is a more favourable matchup for our top line. They make their mark in transition and I don't see a Tampa line that can match up against them like the Bergeron line can.

Just something to chew on

Reactions: OmNomNom

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Which one, Cory or Greene? :laugh:

I mean with Greene his role's the problem right now more than his contract but they don't have anyone better. Get someone better to fill his role. Even Shero can only get one Vatanen at a time. With Cory that's...it's just scary how much he's fallen off. You usually only see this kind of drop out of nowhere in baseball with pitchers.
Goalie is also the most important position in the game. You can hide a guy like Zajac (he's done great in a 3rd line C role, by the way) or Greene (we haven't done it this year, but hopefully next year), but with a bad goalie contract you have to make him the backup or not play him at all.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
So is Bratt going to get increased ice time?

I thought he had a good game. It's a number crunch right now though and I have to think they side with the veterans, at least to start. Especially if MoJo comes back, hard to see them going with Bratt. I mean if we get down in a series and they're looking to change the tides a bit then I could see them going with Bratt for sure.

Reactions: glenwo2

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Devils avoid the Caps in the first round. I would rather see them play the Lightning over Boston. Boston over the Caps..ehhh. Nothing is easy in the playoffs. Go Devils

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
honestly if we didn’t rest anyone i firmly believe tonight’s outcome is very different. we hung with them just fine as it was.

poor cory. kinkaid is playing every playoff game.

If there's anything this game was good for it was knowing for sure that Kinkaid is our guy these playoffs no matter what. Rough 2018 for Cory to say the least, he's been terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad