GDT: What a Season: Devils @ Capitals, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It's not that I don't think there's a chance we can beat Boston, I just like our chances against Tampa better. I think we matchup better against them. They're both ridiculously strong teams. But we can get some solid goaltending and let Hall run wild in either series, then who knows. Either way I'm ecstatic that we're even having this conversation.

But seeing as it's not set in stone yet, I'd rather Tampa :)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No he might actually be suspended long enough that he hurts their playoff run. I think he plays hockey unless he’s provoked.

Good let him get suspended tomorrow although with this league they'll probably sweep anything he does in that game under the rug and not suspend him for the playoffs.

Reactions: Blender

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
gotta disagree. we were a game away from home ice.

this was a tight race. its anyones game

I hear you. I think they see the playoffs as such a question mark that they aren’t thinking anything other than let’s be healthy and see if there is anyone on the bench who will force himself in the lineup. Plus even with winning this game there were a number of permutations that could have transpired.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
What in the world is going on here? Why have people turned all of a sudden?

Who cares who we’re playing? We’re here to shock the ****ing world just like we have over the last month.

Bring whoever the **** on. Keep shocking the system.

That's the spirit.

We swept Tampa and proved we could keep up and counter their speed with our own.

Boston swept us but we outplayed and outshot them in all the meetings. Their team is healthier now, so who knows what will happen.

Bring it on. We've been waiting 6 f***ing years for this

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If you have the means, go to TM/TE tonight or tomorrow morning and get tickets to Home Game 1 or 2, or both.

If Boston does win, their fans will buy tix in bunches and we don't want that.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
It's not that I don't think there's a chance we can beat Boston, I just like our chances against Tampa better. I think we matchup better against them. They're both ridiculously strong teams. But we can get some solid goaltending and let Hall run wild in either series, then who knows. Either way I'm ecstatic that we're even having this conversation.

But seeing as it's not set in stone yet, I'd rather Tampa :)
it doesn't matter.... its playoff hockey who gets hot who's special teams are on fire etc... we got a nice little mixture of skill and grit on this team ... and are fast...can kk keep it up? will hall be a playoff guy..? all unknowns'' lots of fun I think hischier is gonna really elevate his game as will miles wood and co.. i like the make up of this team... i garuarntee nobody wants us in the first round

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
YEAH there’s no easy team to Face but man I believe the devils really dropped the ball sitting the guys. It’s like they clinched and said good enough. Close the season strong get the pens who we owned all season and are ripe for picking off. Now? We don’t control who we face and will probably get Boston the worse matchup for us. Whatever I get it’s great to be here but why “settle” for meh and we get who we get? Is the extra rest day going to mean much when at the least it’s 3 days off after this game? No it won’t.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How quickly people forget when we wish for matchups, we had the 'perfect' matchup in 2012 and nearly botched it. We did have the so-called perfect matchup in 2002 and botched that.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
For all those people complaining about sitting players:

The Devils now locked down the #17 draft position. A win could potentially have them in the #21 spot. There was nothing to gain from a win also - Guaranteed to make the playoffs and
guaranteed to be on the road.

Reactions: HBK27

My3Sons

Sponsor
Good let him get suspended tomorrow although with this league they'll probably sweep anything he does in that game under the rug and not suspend him for the playoffs.

If he hurts Hall or Nico the league would care. MarJo is a relative nobody but Hall is well known in Canada and Nico is a future star. I’d like to see Marchand do something stupid tomorrow and get suspended. I don’t think the league likes him so much as the player safety issue is a fraud and frankly the players themselves are to blame.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
How quickly people forget when we wish for matchups, we had the 'perfect' matchup in 2012 and nearly botched it. We did have the so-called perfect matchup in 2002 and botched that.

We also had the opportunity to avoid the worst matchup in 2010, blew it and lost in 5.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

the quest is to win the stanley cup and to even get there you have to win 3 series ... it doesn't matter

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We also had the opportunity to avoid the worst matchup in 2010, blew it and lost in 5.

They weren't doing crap in 2010 anyway, they were terrible in the second half which was a harbinger to the MacLean disaster.

My3Sons

Sponsor
YEAH there’s no easy team to Face but man I believe the devils really dropped the ball sitting the guys. It’s like they clinched and said good enough. Close the season strong get the pens who we owned all season and are ripe for picking off. Now? We don’t control who we face and will probably get Boston the worse matchup for us. Whatever I get it’s great to be here but why “settle” for meh and we get who we get? Is the extra rest day going to mean much when at the least it’s 3 days off after this game? No it won’t.

Boston is a bit banged up and they’d rely on a lot of young players also. NJ will have confidence they can play with Boston. They won’t be favored but they won’t be intimidated.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils have been playing playoff hockey for the last month and a half.

I'd rather rest our important guys and take our chances against whoever we end up facing. We've been playing some of our best hockey in the last month, so I'd take our chances against anybody.

Reactions: Blender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad