Tribute What a Change to our D Corps

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Well, Holl and Liljegren were technically "inherited" from the previous regime. And he has gone through 4 years of iterative defensive building, some good some bad.
He gets credit for Holl though, he was running the Marlies when they signed him and I think he played a big role in his opportunities and development.

Liljegren was a Lou/Hunter pick but Dubas did well to let him develop in the Marlies and not rush him onto the roster

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Well, Holl and Liljegren were technically "inherited" from the previous regime. And he has gone through 4 years of iterative defensive building, some good some bad.

Kyle Dubas signed Holl out of the ECHL while he ran the Marlies. True on Liljegren

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
The way they ran up to the podium and had a liljegren jersey ready to go I feel like that was more than likely a pretty unanimous organizational decision at the time and was pretty much the only time aside from Matthews where everyone on here was in unison on the pick to make. I’ll give hunter his flowers for not f***ing it up & drafting some overager in Kazakhstan instead I guess.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Except Liljegren has excelled when elevated into those top 4 spots and made his partners better in the process. He can handle the role, we just have to play him there. No other RD has had the impact to our LD that he has.

Dermott was able to dominate bottom pairing matchups, but struggled to handle elevated roles. This type of player is where you have to be careful as you mentioned above.
We clearly not talking about the same player... liljegren didnt get the job done in top 4 like sandin and thats why dubas traded for lyubushkin and later for giordano.........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad