What 3 goal deficit? Habs win 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
In the last 2 games Semin has shown some skills. But that line is just not working.

But I feel strongly that he can bounce back and redeem himself. The skills are there. he has so much more talent than Berezin, Samsonov and the other free agents that sucked for us

Samsonov was insanely talented. He was just 5'8

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
In the last 2 games Semin has shown some skills. But that line is just not working.

But I feel strongly that he can bounce back and redeem himself. The skills are there. he has so much more talent than Berezin, Samsonov and the other free agents that sucked for us.

Give him a chance with different linemates.

Lack of desire, work ethic and intensity will trump even the most skilled players.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Meatman Margarine is the GOAT.

and DD can be really clutch

...in the regular season:naughty:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Re-watching the game now, really happy with the response from the team after a blowout loss and after being down big in the game, it speaks volumes about the character of the team.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
How was Pateryn

he was flying out there

497456666_slide.jpg

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Mitchell on the wing is interesting. Not ideal, just interesting.

I want to see Flash with Galchenyuk. Eller with DD looks like a much better fit to me.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Correction. Fleischmann already is on the second line. If he played any more he'd be getting first line minutes.

That's the problem with pairing DD with one of our best wingers. If you play him more you have to play DD more which throws everything out of balance.

Posts like this are the reason why there are attacks on posters instead of posts.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Whoa.

That was a great comeback and character game. You could feel the Habs coming back to life just a little before Larry's goal. Once he scored I had a funny feeling we were going to open the floodgates. Really liked what I saw from the team last night. Everyone seemed to be working their tails off after that first one. Everyone but.... Semin! Who was just terrible and after that boneheaded penalty I got my pitchfork out. Rip Sasha, your days as a Hab are all but over. (I think he pretty much knew it judging from his slumped position in the box looking at the ground)

Davebo*

We're creatures of momentum, it appears. Sure other teams are affected by momentum, but when the other team has it - the Habs look terrible. Maybe its the pressure of the Bell Centre - all I know is I wish they'd come up with a way of gaining the edge in play, when they are down like that. This team is it's own worst enemy sometimes - they seem to get up in their own heads, if that makes sense.

After Eller scored, Petry and Gilbert - and others - threw big hits. Then Max scored - suddenly the team looked like the team we watched at the beginning of the season, again.

How to gain that momentum without a goal, though? A fight? We're not built for that... A big hit? That could do it - I've seen that fire this team up this season. Maybe the coaching staff needs to come up with ways to motivate the team better, because they looked horrible.

Until the momentum shifted.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
We're creatures of momentum, it appears. Sure other teams are affected by momentum, but when the other team has it - the Habs look terrible. Maybe its the pressure of the Bell Centre - all I know is I wish they'd come up with a way of gaining the edge in play, when they are down like that. This team is it's own worst enemy sometimes - they seem to get up in their own heads, if that makes sense.

After Eller scored, Petry and Gilbert - and others - threw big hits. Then Max scored - suddenly the team looked like the team we watched at the beginning of the season, again.

How to gain that momentum without a goal, though? A fight? We're not built for that... A big hit? That could do it - I've seen that fire this team up this season. Maybe the coaching staff needs to come up with ways to motivate the team better, because they looked horrible.

Until the momentum shifted.

To be fair, you could see the Habs getting more engaged in the play just before Larry's goal. Started moving their legs, throwing hits and reading plays.

But that's a valid point you're making.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
To be fair, you could see the Habs getting more engaged in the play just before Larry's goal. Started moving their legs, throwing hits and reading plays.

Momentum is an unquantafiable but very real occurrence. Coming back from down 3 is as good as it gets.

Davebo*

I'll have to go back and look for that - see what caused it. Perhaps someone said something on the bench?

Maybe we can solve this mystery - get our names on the cup... :laugh:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'll have to go back and look for that - see what caused it. Perhaps someone said something on the bench?

Maybe we can solve this mystery - get our names on the cup... :laugh:

It's never really explainable. But that was a really exciting game.

Comebacks are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad