Line Combos: What’s Your Favourite Leafs Forward Line?

Favourite Leafs Forward Line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I like all 4.

Went with the Tavares-Nylander line right now. JT is my favourite current Leaf, and Nylander is playing out of his mind.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Waiting for Keefe to break up M&M. I want them to try Matthews and Kines on a line with Bertuzzi, JT with Nylander and whoever on another, then I want to see the 3rd line of Marner, Robertson and Domi beat up on the rest of the league.

3rd line of Marner, Robertson and Domi is my answer. Honorable mention to Sittler MacDonald and Williams and Gilmour with anyone.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Waiting for Keefe to break up M&M. I want them to try Matthews and Kines on a line with Bertuzzi, JT with Nylander and whoever on another, then I want to see the 3rd line of Marner, Robertson and Domi beat up on the rest of the league.

3rd line of Marner, Robertson and Domi is my answer. Honorable mention to Sittler MacDonald and Williams and Gilmour with anyone.
Why? Marner on the third line with domi who’s another pass first player doesn’t really strike me as something that would work

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Why? Marner on the third line with domi who’s another pass first player doesn’t really strike me as something that would work
They can feed Robertson? I dunno, it's just an idea and I do like the idea of having 3 lines with one of the big guns on it. If it doesn't work it doesn't work but if it does, makes us hard to match up with.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
They can feed Robertson? I dunno, it's just an idea and I do like the idea of having 3 lines with one of the big guns on it. If it doesn't work it doesn't work but if it does, makes us hard to match up with.
I agree with the idea but you’d probably be putting marner with jt willy with domi and papi on the top line

Reactions: Gary Nylund

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur
or
Thomas - Sundin - Hoglund
Roberts-Sundin-Mogilny( very productive line, when mogilny came here as a free agent in the summer of 2001, I was like, finally sundin gets a legit offensive threat and elite talented winger to play with him )

Ponikarovsky-Nieuwendyk-Antropov (the sky high line or sky line from the 2003-04 season, they were called the sky line because all three players were very tall)

Domi-corson-tucker(underrated line from 2001 playoffs) that line was hard nosed, hard hitting, gritty and physical. All three players had great chemistry playing together .They completed each other well. It was also a defense minded checking line that could chip in offensively here and there. When domi got suspended for that illegal niedermayer hit, it was officially the end of their chapter and whoever remplaced domi at the time wasn’t as effective and physical.

This year it’s easily bertuzzi/ Tavares/Nylander. I admit, I have Recency bias. I love their playmaking, hockey sense and chemistry.

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Colton Orr - Jay Mcclement - Frazer Mclaren.

Two superb offensive talents, with a selke caliber defensive center

verdi

Oct 19, 2023
You're all posers.
David Kampf ,Jason von Gregor and Vince McMann is clearly the best line and my vote.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Really enjoying the Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok line.

I wanted them together from the preseason. It’s the best place for Robertson to continue to develop and build confidence, where he doesn’t have to feel like he has to do too much in a top 6 role, while sheltering him with some easier matchups.

They all compliment each other well and provide a 3rd line with some hustle, can score, and aren’t a liability. They can take on some meaningful minutes.

I still think Marner is better suited to play with Tavares but I’ve given up on Keefe with that one, especially with Nylander lighting it up.

I think you kickstart Marner away from Matthews. We’ve seen it last year, and no reason to doubt that it won’t be the same this year, but, well, you know, ……

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Right now I’m enjoying the Nylander line. But I love the potential of the Knies AM34 MM line. It could go on a real run at anytime.

sweet memory line? MacDonald, Sittler & Errol Thompson.
Clark, Gilmour, Borchevski
Andreychuk, Gilmour, Anderson

Or going even further back...

Clark, Courtnall, Leeman ... the "hound line"

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I liked the Mac-Russian line back in 2011

Also in 2013 I think we slapped the habs 6-0 and our 4th line had

Mclaren - XX (dont recall) - Orr with both guys kicking the habs enforcers ass that game.

Was a fun time, think Kadri also had the Don Cherry segment with them that game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad