Post-Game Talk: West Side Story

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Early in the 3rd period Motte was working the puck down below the goal line and he passed the puck behind the net were Leschyshyn was heading and instead of Leschyshyn finishing his check on the Jet player he peeled off.
Not what you want in a fourth liner.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
You've heard of the king of 2 or less and now get ready for the Czar of 3 or more.

Maybe we should sold so our team would get dominated and shesty would come alive again. Accrue assets every deadline by selling and yet still compete.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
So that’s what it felt like to play against us before Christmas last season huh?

Moving on. Glad the other really good goalies are in the west.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They've been riding Chytil's elevated shooting percentage and that's now coming to an end. The kid line is dumb. We're the only team in the league where our young players can't play with our veterans and vice versa.

Those three need to learn how to play with veterans without sh***** their pants and the veterans need to learn to play with them without treating them like they have cooties.

The whole concept of having an untouchable "kid line" is absurd and anyone that supports it is equally absurd.

Kreider/Zibanejad/Kakko was literally one of the best lines in the NHL. If that line somehow was not untouchable then the kid line shouldn't be either.

Hey chill out man it will be ok, I just thought they had a rough game. I’d rather keep them together because your take is what we’d kill gallant for if he broke them up.

They were weak in the neutral and D zones all game. They need to learn to play hard in all areas and the antidote isn’t splitting them up, they need to learn together like KZB did once upon a time.

Last thing I’ll say is that Laf was the best of the bunch. Kakko and Chytil got bullied all game. Pains me to say it but it’s true

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They've been riding Chytil's elevated shooting percentage and that's now coming to an end. The kid line is dumb. We're the only team in the league where our young players can't play with our veterans and vice versa.

Those three need to learn how to play with veterans without sh***** their pants and the veterans need to learn to play with them without treating them like they have cooties.

The whole concept of having an untouchable "kid line" is absurd and anyone that supports it is equally absurd.

Kreider/Zibanejad/Kakko was literally one of the best lines in the NHL. If that line somehow was not untouchable then the kid line shouldn't be either.
Yes but the kid line has probably been the best line on the team the last month not including tonight. Not every night is going to be a Picasso.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

You’ve been itching for a reason to post this as much as gallant has been looking for a reason to insert Goodrow into the top 6.

Both are wrong. They got smoked tonight, big whoop.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
You’ve been itching for a reason to post this as much as gallant has been looking for a reason to insert Goodrow into the top 6.

Both are wrong. They got smoked tonight, big whoop.
I just cannot for the life of me understand why the rest of the lineup can routinely be thrown into the blender but the kid line, which is a vastly inferior line to Kreider/Zibanejad/Kakko, is the one that's untouchable.

If the goal is: "we're keeping the line that has generally been the best together and not touching it" then Kreider/Zibanejad/Kakko should be put back together and never touched again for the rest of our lives.

These boards have been fooled by Chytil shooting at a ridiculous rate into believing Gallant defaults to the kid line because it's a good line and he loves the kid line. Everyone has collectively forgotten what we once knew at the beginning of the season which is that the kid line exists as a vehicle for Gallant to play other, more experienced forwards above them and more than them.

Only a few more games of average shooting Chytil and we will be back to the kid line playing circa 13 minutes per night and doing nothing and then everyone will start asking what happened to Laf/Chytil/Kakko and why do they all suck again.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don't know what the big deal is that Shesty didn't feel like talking to the media for 1 game. I mean WGAF. Do you think Brooks is going to ask any ground breaking questions? I think it would be the usual drivel.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad