GDT: West Division Final Game #1. Avs host Vegas. Wedding Party in Denver!

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
One of the SinBinVegas guys said there was some talk of Lehner possibly starting to give Fleury a few more days of rest after playing seven games but he didn't think they'd actually do it. Lehner is good but like @dahrougem2 said, much rather him than Fleury.
Not really sure I understand that logic, either. Teams don't split 1A/1B goalies on the road to the Stanley Cup unless it's out of necessity.

If it works tonight, props to DeBoer for throwing off the Avs. If it doesn't, though... it's going to be looked at as over-coaching and I'm sure Fleury isn't thrilled about not starting game 1, either after doing nothing wrong in the 1st round.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rust might matter for the first few mins tonight but I think that's it. They'll be fine once they get a few shifts in.

IMO, way too much is being made of it anyways. Lets not forget that MacKinnon, Saad, and Girard just came back from injuries and could've even rushed to get back for the playoffs and now they get more time to rest/recover. All season people have talked about how much Bednar is playing the top three D and how that could catch up to them in the playoffs. Well, now those guys just got an extra week off during the playoffs and can all play 25 mins/gm without an issue. Exact same thing with Graubauer and how much they had to rely on him during the season. Byram is fully healthy and got some good practice time in, Newhook got time to get healthy, Ranta got practice time, etc.

The positives far outweigh the negatives with the week off.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Yeah I assume it's just a case of Flower getting a rest day after a long series while Vegas thinks Lehner is good enough to win them the game on the road (which he is). Nothing more. If game 1 was in Vegas I bet Fleury would be in there.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
4-2 Vegas, with ENG. Avs have been awful coming off extended breaks for years. All the pressure shifts to the Avs and makes game 2 a must win.
But, avs haven’t been fully healthy coming off those breaks either and no they are healthier than they have been all season

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
But, avs haven’t been fully healthy coming off those breaks either and no they are healthier than they have been all season
It's not just this year, it's been a trend for several years. I hope they reverse that trend, but I won't expect it till they do. I also don't think they will be ready for the physicality Vegas will bring. The BLose played somewhat physical, in games 2 and 3, but nowhere near the way Vegas does.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Does DeBoer forget that Fleury is the reason the season series between Colorado/Vegas was close?

tenor.gif

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
Hejduk with GWG, assists , Drury and Hinote !! Let's DO THIS !!!

" meanwhile back in Vegas , someone jacks lehner's rolls and wrecks it , with a fleury of speculation surrounding the incident , police report that the thief was stone'd and was found to have a suspicious cache tuch'd into his capris , the pacioretty came off to reveal the stash, thus he was left holden the goods "......

4-2 AVS !!

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Knights go up 3 goals. 2nd period Reaves throws a hit that sparks a bench clearing brawl, Dubnyk comes out and beats up the entire team. What’s left of the Avs after the mayhem scores 4 unanswered to win. The Knights are so scared of Dubnyk they forfeit the series.

But seriously I’m gonna go with 3-2 Vegas because of rust

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Worried about coming in after Vegas just battled in a game 7. Boys need to wheel, wheel, wheel, and skate them into the ground. Rust has to shake off immediately.

I believe the added intensity will fire up our big guys after enduring a few rough initial shifts. Do or die boys. LETS GO!!!!

l fully believe this team has another gear from what we saw VS the Blues, and we swept those bastards.

btw I can’t like posts anymore lol banned from the blues board and I didn’t even post there :popcorn:

Last edited:

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Nemeth is going to prove his mettle. He's stronger and better defensively than most give him credit for. His puck handling ability and offensive instincts aren't there but he plays the body effectively and throws some decent hits. Some physical push back from our D is going to be necessary.

No one needs to lay out hits like Scott Stevens but making their top lines feel some wear and tear will be important. Graves Makar Nemeth and Toews can all do that to some extent.

I hope Bednar is telling Girard to visualize every Vegas forward as Debrincat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad