Post-Game Talk: We're Officially Eliminated. Bolts 3, Leafs 0

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
In the 18 games since coming back from the Olympics Phil Kessel has scored 1 pp point (an assist) and his linemate JVR has 0 points.

The dynamic duo combined to produced only a singe assist on the PP while a man up. Talk about disappearing.

Wonder where the season went wrong.

Oh that's what did it. Not the porous defense, the non existent PK or the suddenly wobbly goal tending, it was two members of the PP that sunk us. Well now I know.

Knoxville555

Mar 30, 2012
Oh that's what did it. Not the porous defense, the non existent PK or the suddenly wobbly goal tending, it was two members of the PP that sunk us. Well now I know.

-Having two #1 goalies is a bad idea IMO. Look how that worked out for Vancouver. Leafs management needs to decide who is number 1 and trade the other.

and yes the PP was a joke, but a good coach should be able to assess what is not working and adjust.

-They need a new coach

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

this is how bad it was.
in 25 days we went from 9 up to 13 down.
we've only won 2 games.

perspective.
Montreal only lost two.

this requires another

tumblr_lr87dlitR71qaljwj.gif

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm surprisingly more bothered by this than expected. Pretty much counted them out since that losing streak, but the reality really is here. All we've got now is the good old "someday they'll be good" maybe...

Should be easier to be a fan of this team, not torture :laugh:.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm surprisingly more bothered by this than expected. Pretty much counted them out since that losing streak, but the reality really is here. All we've got now is the good old "someday they'll be good" maybe...

Should be easier to be a fan of this team, not torture :laugh:.

:laugh: I know. like i've finally stopped crying. like you say you want it, you wanted them out, and everything, and then it's finally here and it's like what do you mean?!

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
At least the nice weather is here. I suited up in the spandex and did 110k instead of watching these chumps.

*sigh*

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
What a sad season this was. I entered with much hope, buying hockeystreams again, staying up at night to watch some games here from Germany even having two little childs now, coming back to this site again and reading a lot of stuff, caring, hoping. And then you barely couldn't watch the games being outshot night in and night out. I loved Bernier and Rielly, not so much Kessel and Franson. Lupul and Kadri were only a shadow from last season. I should stop spending so much time for a team on the other side of the world. But I can't...

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Well, I just hope we lose out now. Pick up 0 points in our last 2 games, and we'll have a decent shot to finish 8th-9th worst in the league.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I really hope we find a steal pick this year in the draft.. Or luck out completely and win the draft lottery, but like that would happen.

and then I really hope we win the McDavid sweepstakes next year. I will GLADLY watch a bottom 5 finish if it means McDavid.

o Oblivious

Sep 30, 2013
It is too bad that the Leafs do not have to finish the season at home, because I wish that the entire home crowd would just boo this team from start to finish.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Can we re-sign Reimer and make him our starter next year (hopefully start all 82 games) so we can win the McDavid sweepstakes?

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Well, I just hope we lose out now. Pick up 0 points in our last 2 games, and we'll have a decent shot to finish 8th-9th worst in the league.

No, I'm pretty sure this team will now win out, cuz that's the way they roll.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Can we re-sign Reimer and make him our starter next year (hopefully start all 82 games) so we can win the McDavid sweepstakes?

we would either not play bad enough to finish last or would and someone else would win the draft lottery

that's how things work for leafs fans

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I wish some one like this guy would walk in the room and tell the players off...

I wish the Leafs were owned by the Aquilini's in Vancouver- they listened to the fans who were fed up and canned that idiot Gillis. Oh wait, I guess that would require Leafs fans to actually voice their displeasure, especially at the games, instead of just slinking off like sad puppies.

I give the Nuck fans credit- they chanted "fire Gillis" and a good deal of them didn't renew their season tickets out of protest which caused concern for ownership. Leaf fans in general are a sorry, selfish lot who won't personally sacrifice (no tickets, no jerseys, no Leafs TV membership, etc,) for the good of their team. They never will have what it takes to make it hard on ownership and demand change, thus this piece of **** organization will never change because they're rolling in money and have no reason to burn it down.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
MLSE should reduce all ticket prices by 10% and set aside 1000 tickets every game for college/univ students / poor people, and give it to them for free.

ahahahahahaahahaha

anyway, it sucks but the good news is with Leiweke chomping at the bit we can expect more substantial changes this offseason than one would normally expect in this situation as a Leaf fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad