Post-Game Talk: We're Officially Eliminated. Bolts 3, Leafs 0

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
A few positives to take from this game:

1. The best game I've ever seen Gardiner play. He was absolutely EVERYWHERE!

2. Rielly was just as good as Gardiner. They were our two best defensemen last night.

3. Kadri played like a man on a mission this game, but no one could capitalize on his passes.

Which leads me to my next comment: Boy, does the play ever die on Clarkson's stick. :shakehead

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

2. Rielly was just as good as Gardiner. They were our two best defensemen last night.

3. Kadri played like a man on a mission this game, but no one could capitalize on his passes.

Which leads me to my next comment: Boy, does the play ever die on Clarkson's stick. :shakehead

Rebuild the defense around Gardiner and Rielly.

Keep Bernier.

Get some two-way top six players and a #1 C somehow.....or something. I don't know. Phil Kessel is a great offensive player, but we can't ice a top six that can't play defense outside of Bozak.

Rebuild the bottom six into a hard-hitting, defensively skilled group instead of a group of guys that mostly excel at skating and putting up top six reject numbers.

Get. A. Freaking. System. That. Is. Defensively. Responsible.

Seriously. How long have we been crying for some defensive responsibility around these here parts? I really thought we saw massive improvements last year, particularly with the PK...and now we've apparently taken a hike backwards.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Listening to Phaneuf is painful.

He sounds semi-Pejorative Slured.

I......(7 seconds of silence)....don't............(5 seconds of silence)......know.....(8 seconds of silence).....what....happened....

Just a weird, slightly messed up individual not made to interact with people in a public way—which is a secondary responsibility of being Leafs captain.

It's clear he's loathed by the other losers on the Leafs.

It's just how he does those hockey interviews. You watch him in casual interviews and he's no genius, but talks fluently. I don't think his communication style is the problem with his leadership, if one exists.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I agree, just cause kessel says this or that it does not get him off the hook. He had his time to prove it and he didnt. At 8 million saying the right things after the fact does not cut it. Ater the last home game loss he was asked about the fans being upset, he smirked and said no comment.

Maybe next year when Kessel and Phaneuf start receiving their big raises from their long term deals rewarding them for their contributions to Leafs success things will be better. :help:

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas

is that all because they played well or the rest of the team just looked like it was going through the motions?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
well, that was one hell of a mail in last night

these last two games are going to be a hilarious gong show

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Maybe next year when Kessel and Phaneuf start receiving their big raises from their long term deals rewarding them for their contributions to Leafs success things will be better. :help:

And maybe the Leafs will put a decent team around them for next year. Anything can happen I suppose.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

Kessel for sure scores 40 next year

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
ahahahahahaahahaha

anyway, it sucks but the good news is with Leiweke chomping at the bit we can expect more substantial changes this offseason than one would normally expect in this situation as a Leaf fan.

changes to what end?

what is the top priority for the laughs?

is it

1) do what must be done "just to make the playoffs"

or

2) the harder, braver call, risk taking steps back , so this core and cap situation can be reset and replaced?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
well, that was one hell of a mail in last night

these last two games are going to be a hilarious gong show

Lucky we have a young team or I would have thought they might have run out of steam down the stretch.

But youth and enthusiasm is self motivating and young legs and endless energy has carried them to this level of success.

Please remind me what is the advantage of a young team again?.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Kessel for sure scores 40 next year

Ovechkin scores 50 goals like clockwork most years but it doesn't seem to be helping Washington any.

Maybe if Kessel scored 50 also we could be more like the Caps in the future, unless building a team around a goal scoring winger is a bad idea.

Kessel and OV will both be taking home $10 mil in actual salary next year, so I'm :crossfing that Kessel will match him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad