Post-Game Talk: We're going to game 7! 2-1 Leafs win! Phaneuf and Kessel score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
And Carlye will tell you putting Gardiner in the dog house during the regular season is all part of a master plan for saving up Gardiner's energy

I am sure he will tell you it is part of the master plan. I just think he will have a better master plan than you just spouted. :)

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
if we play our gme we will win the next one
skate the bruins into the ice. They are big but they are slow.
Their d is slow as hell
beat them down the middle and with chips off the boards

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Great game. I hope they find the energy and the will in a tough environment tonight. If they play well they have a chance.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I thought Kessel's answer to the 'thank you Seguin' chants was just class, said that was years ago, and that Tyler was a great player. Didn't want to talk about it or rub it in. Really showed he was a bigger person that has matured. Looked uncomfortable when the reporter asked him the question.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Ask and ye shall receive

kesselchara.gif

And the end there it looks like he is saying something into his wrist communicator.

"Mission Accomplished!"

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
The .gif of Henny saying 'This is for you, James' or something like that with the crowd cheering, does anyone have the video of that?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks, Bon.

Ah, I was under the impression this was from last night.

SarcazemKadri

Feb 15, 2012
Toronto
Jake Gardiner's ability to read plays is ridiculous. His vision and skating is miles ahead of any other D on our team, really hope we hang on to him.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
It was the WRONG play, idn why people keep trying to defend him, if it was kostco or some1 no1 would have a problem with blaming him. I watched the replay 3 times on my tv, he has BEYOND ample time to cross the red line and dump it in, it was a dumb selfish play that needs to stop. He was 2 strides from the red line, if you are telling me that he cant make 2 strides and chip it off the boards before the time it takes for the d to hit him and cause a turnover, it would just be inaccurate. It was a dumb selfish play that had the potential to lose us the series, you cant say that it wasnt a big deal after the fact that we won the game, it caused a goal directly and cannot be tolerated.

Wow! Even in victory some "Leaf fans" have to dwell on the negative.

Leafsvideos

Oct 16, 2010
Anyone at the game last night knew what happened after Kessel scored. JVR cause some havoc in front of the net?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Simmer down, he probably thwarted a dozen or more B plays on his own last night. They probably would have scored regardless the way they were coming on anyways at that point too.

The other night Bozak iced it at the end, no goal was scored but it could have been just as easily. It's hockey closing out a team is the hardest thing you can do even on game by game basis (unless blowout)

Im not mad, the issue is accountability, it was a senseless play, move on.

Wow! Even in victory some "Leaf fans" have to dwell on the negative.

with that logic, the only way a team can improve is through defeat, interesting..... If you honestly think 2-0 in comparison to 2-1 isnt a big deal, idn what to say. Game 7 is about making less mistakes then the other team, grabo doesn't need to make these dumb plays to make it even more apparent that he cant score goals anymore. 2014 buyout wont come soon enough when he doesnt improve next year. He claims that he is playing better because he is exited, so obviously he was "bored" during the regular season, time for a change.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Anyone at the game last night knew what happened after Kessel scored. JVR cause some havoc in front of the net?

One of the videos showed he collided with Bergeron behind the net or something. I think that is why Kessel went over there to celebrate the goal (usually players come towards the scorer).

I could be wrong, but there weren't many views of JvR on that after-goal play.

Leafsvideos

Oct 16, 2010
One of the videos showed he collided with Bergeron behind the net or something. I think that is why Kessel went over there to celebrate the goal (usually players come towards the scorer).

I could be wrong, but there weren't many views of JvR on that after-goal play.

Feel like there was a scrum based on the leafs reactions, kessel went from YAHHHH to HEY WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad