Post-Game Talk: "WE'RE GOING TO BOSTON BABY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That’s fair. I should have clarified that I was more referring to Grabners stint with the Leafs.

Gotcha. I think Grabner was pretty unlucky that year playing for a really bad team. I'm still shocked nobody traded for him at the deadline for a mid round pick. Rangers were smart to pick him up.

Either way, Kapanen probably won't ever be a top end producer but his 2-way skillset and speed will make him a very valuable asset, even if he doesn't finish on most breakaways because he's going to get a lot of them.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Who said that, most were saying that this would be a 6 or 7 game series.
We had a few, there was that one guy who bet the Leafs wouldn't win a gane before they even clinched.

Probably the same guy who was worries about Florida.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
its certainly possible, but we really havent seen a prolonged period of kapanen on a scoring lines like frattin got and couldnt grab hold of. Kapanen has alot of skill he will score once given the chance

He's scored some big goals, hitting posts is just bad luck ... we remember Kadri's season of missed goals?

Kapanen gets most of his chances on quick breaks, let him gets opportunities that aren't on quick breaks and he'll finish more. Kind of like Marner they other night on the breakaway, he wasn't really a threat because he had no time to do anything except shoot, but when you give him a second he can make something happen.

It will be interesting to see next year, as it looks like they have 2/3 of a line in Johnsson - ? - Kapanen.

Reactions: PromisedLand

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I said three days ago that for the Leafs to win this series they will need Andersen to stand on his head and for Matthews and Nylander to show up.

Andersen has done his part the past 2 games, we have won 3 games in this series with a team effort where Matthews and Nylander have yet to take over a game.

Here's hoping that Matthews and Nylander show up for game 7. If they do we win the game and series. If not we may need to depend on Andersen to win it for us.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I said three days ago that for the Leafs to win this series they will need Andersen to stand on his head and for Matthews and Nylander to show up.

Andersen has done his part the past 2 games, we have won 3 games in this series with a team effort where Matthews and Nylander have yet to take over a game.

Here's hoping that Matthews and Nylander show up for game 7. If they do we win the game and series. If not we may need to depend on Andersen to win it for us.

Nylander was one of our best forwards if not skaters he “showed up” last night and we will need him tondo so again. Matthews once nylander was back on his line for the last half period looked dangerous and like himself again. Matthews can definitely go up a gear or 2 and take over the game still

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

It's what I said. They needed to want it and to be aggressive and hit and do what is uncomfortable, battle for it. I basically outlined what they needed to do in game and it's taken to game 5_6 to get that. Now we have a good chance, the Pleks on Bergeron move was wise.

Andersen only ever looked bad because we hung him out to dry with weak play. Sure a soft goal here and there, Rask had the same when we had Boston their heels too.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think the expression on ?Neely? last night in their box might have been disappointment in not getting to rest for the next round and doubt entering his mind.

Kadri in the line-up gives the Leafs 4 lines that can contribute offensively, and while they don't have a dominant single line like Bergeron-Marchand and Pastrnak, the Leafs have skill on every line.

I really wonder who stood up between the 1st. and 2nd. period and slapped them silly in the room. The all out panic they were displaying in the last half of the 1st. period eased up and by the 3rd. period I thought the Leafs were much closer in structure to a cohesive unit.

IMO Rask kept the Bruins in the game in the 3rd. period, I have no idea about number of shots, but a shot isn't a shot isn't a shot. Twenty good shots are better than 40 crestors.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Confident Nylander is a whole different player and if he starts Game 7 with Matthews I think that line will make a difference.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I can't remember a player I've changed my mind on more than Plekanec. I was excited when we traded for him. Even with the steep price, I thought he would be a good player for us. Then he stunk down the stretch, as I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until the playoffs to judge him. Then I wanted to shoot him out of a cannon into the sun after games 1 and 2.

Now he's been one of the most important players in games 3-6. He has been working hard, meshing with teammates, taking critical faceoffs, and playing hard own-zone ice time. I am so impressed I want to keep him.

I guess he just needed time to get used to the new team re-grow his goatee.

Reactions: IBeL34f

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Leafs got away with a lotttttt of calls last night (as did the Bruins). They were pretty lucky this wasn't called like game 5. I just really hope the game tomorrow is ref'd fairly. All of the games in Boston so far have resulted in so many more PP's for the Bruins, I'm afraid that is going to happen again.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
that’s all fine and dandy but I wouldn’t change a thing

Hyman-Matthews-Brown
Marleau-Plek-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Kapanen

And Babcock can mix it up during the games anyway, but I see no reason to disassemble something that is finally working.

Kadri and Johnsson seemed to start clicking, and Nylander woke-up. I think they could have had more last night.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs got away with a lotttttt of calls last night. They were pretty lucky. I just really hope the game tomorrow is ref'd fairly. All of the games in Boston so far have resulted in so many more PP's for the Bruins, I'm afraid that is going to happen again.

I think you forgot the :sarcasm:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
And Babcock can mix it up during the games anyway, but I see no reason to disassemble something that is finally working.

Kadri and Johnsson seemed to start clicking, and Nylander woke-up. I think they could have had more last night.

Precisely!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
1st ten minutes tomorrow are crucial. Goalie better show up.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs got away with a lotttttt of calls last night. They were pretty lucky. I just really hope the game tomorrow is ref'd fairly. All of the games in Boston so far have resulted in so many more PP's for the Bruins, I'm afraid that is going to happen again.

Yep, I think the Leafs got treated quite fairly last night. Helps when both teams get equal opportunities. I noticed a couple times the Bruins defenders decking Leafs without the puck on the forecheck ... you know the Dermott penalty ...

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I think you forgot the :sarcasm:
Nope. Marleau clearly interfered with Nash? on that Pleks empty netter, should have been a clear penalty. There were a couple of times in the first or second that Polak tripped some guys but still went uncalled.

But again, Boston got away with some calls. Nash's interference on JVR, Krug taking Marner down when he doesnt even have the puck, Mcavoy on Kap etc.

Again, I just hope that tomorrows game is ref'd fairly unlike the past 3 games in Boston.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
3 Laws of Plekanec

1. Tomas Plekanec must beat the Bruins and/or not allow them to win through inaction.

2. Tomas Plekanec must work against the Leafs except where such action would conflict with the first law.

3. Tomas Plekanec must protect his own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the first and second laws.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Nope. Marleau clearly interfered with Nash? on that Pleks empty netter, should have been a clear penalty. There were a couple of times in the first or second that Polak tripped some guys but still went uncalled.

But again, Boston got away with some calls. Nash's interference on JVR, Krug taking Marner down when he doesnt even have the puck, Mcavoy on Kap etc.

Again, I just hope that tomorrows game is ref'd fairly unlike the past 3 games in Boston.

Exactly. Both teams got away with a few calls so it wasn’t like game 5 where it was a clear advantage for one team only

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
3 Laws of Plekanec

1. Tomas Plekanec must beat the Bruins and/or not allow them to win through inaction.

2. Tomas Plekanec must work against the Leafs except where such action would conflict with the first law.

3. Tomas Plekanec must protect his own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the first and second laws.

Ah yes I-plekanec. Lucky the bruins don’t have a suspicious will smith character who believes I-plekanec will violate the 3 laws

Edit: they traded Ryan spooner didn’t they? That was lucky he’d be detective spooner

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Actually, Nash was looking at Marleau and Marleau was looking back at Plekanec. I thought Nash should have been called for interference because he could see Marleau coming and ran into him. Marleau didn't have the puck, but had a better weight distribution so he held his ground. So kind of incidental contact that is let go every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad