Post-Game Talk: WE'RE 3-0!!! Leafs beat the Habs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Agree 100%

I thought Holland had a real good 3rd period - that line was quiet but came alive at the end.

Nylander's IQ and passing capabilities on the PP will be an awesome addition when he makes it.

It's great to see one of our skill players actually be able to steal a puck or two as well. Like how he can pick a pocket or two

That seems to be like Holland's style. Yesterday he was the same. He wasn't very flashy, but he was a big reason why Timashov played so well. He does all of the little things and honestly he's been stellar all preseason. I can't wait until Bozak is gone so this guy can do it in the top 6 full time.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Gardiner is having a career year this year... He's 10x better than Leafs fans give him credit for

I've defended and preached patience with Gardiner all season.

Looking fantastic out there imo. It was always mental. Hopefully the Babs golden touch will elevate his game.

It's soon yet let's hope this type of play continues.

Completelybroke

Mar 22, 2015
Nice to see a win again, but a lot of turn overs by Nylander and Marner even Jake. But you got to like the offensive tenacity that the young future players have. Puck possession was pretty solid tonight for the first two periods, trailed a little in the third.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Prediction for next round of cuts?

Setoguchi
Clune
Froese
Hyman
Campbell
Valiev
Timashov
Nielsen
Dermott
Soshnikov
Harrington/Percy/Brennan

The rest I think last until next cuts. I think it's time for the CHLers to go back to the CHL, regardless of play, other than Marner of course. He should get two preseason games. A lot of the guys above either got two games and/or sucked bad.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Bailey, Frattin, Nielsen, Campbell, Hyman, hopefully Soshnikov, probably Marner etc.

I agree with most of the list and would also throw Timashov in their (even though he's been impressive, he's missing Q games). I think Sosh could stick for a bit possibly, but his defensive play is pretty horrid. Also think Marner could stick for another round.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I agree with most of the list and would also throw Timashov in their (even though he's been impressive, he's missing Q games). I think Sosh could stick for a bit possibly, but his defensive play is pretty horrid. Also think Marner could stick for another round.

I think Frattin and Bailey could stick around also. NHL ready guys should stick (Carrick, Bailey, Frattin) until the end to challenge the PTO's and stuff. Setoguchi may be gone next round though.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I think Frattin and Bailey could stick around also. NHL ready guys should stick (Carrick, Bailey, Frattin) until the end to challenge the PTO's and stuff. Setoguchi may be gone next round though.

Both have been underwhelming imo, but could stay for that reason

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Gardiner was great for the second straight game. He was overshadowed yesterday by Reilly but he was great today.

Also really like Soshnikov in the offensive zone. Always dangerous. I don't think he needs much AHL time.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Impressive:

William Nylander
Nikita Soshnikov
Jake Gardiner
Mitch Marner
Andrew Nielsen
Peter Holland
Travis Dermott
Dmytro Timashov
Frederik Gauthier
Antoine Bibeau

Not impressive:

Matt Frattin
Mark Fraser
Scott Harrington

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Both have been underwhelming imo, but could stay for that reason

Well let's give them two games. NHL guys should not be cut after one game unless they've had a really bad game and camp. I doubt they have, so let's leave them until the last cuts and get the non-NHL ready guys off the roster before we make the hard decisions.

I expect another 15 guys gone regardless. I forgot Rob Madore is still around too, but has yet to play a game. I wonder when he gets in there? I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a bunch of games in the preseason so our 4 goalies can stay fresh for their respective leagues' seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad