Confirmed with Link: Wennberg to Rangers for 2024 2nd and 2025 4th

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Yeah. I read that as well.

If we played him more this season would he burn another year of his ELC? Or is it going to be burnt anyway?

My understanding is that ten NHL games burns a year (I don't know if playoff games count).

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Yeah. That was my understanding too. And looking at capfriendly, he is listed as a slide candidate. Not sure about playoff games but since they are pro NHL games, I would expect that it counts.

I don't know what this is, but it agrees with you that playoff games count:

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Solid return and that 4th rounder even has a chance(but a very small one) becoming a 3rd rounder if Lundkvist does have a combined 55 points during this and next season.

Though, he only has 15 so far this season.

Yeah. I read that as well.

If we played him more this season would he burn another year of his ELC? Or is it going to be burnt anyway?

Yes, if we play him more than nine games we'd burn a year off his ELC.

Though, I don't think he burned a year of his ELC given that he didn't play the ten games required last year either.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Glad to hear this. Decent return, no complaints whatsoever.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If any of you would be so kind, could you please give us Ranger fans a bit of information about him and his play on the NYR board? Most of us haven't watched much of him but we are expecting him to fit in nicely as our 3rd line center. Thank you!

He'll be great in that role. That is exactly where he belongs. He was a good soldier for us. Does a lot of things well, good passer, sound defensively, saw a lot of time on the PK. Just can't score much. Fair trade for both teams.

Last edited:

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Word is that Tarasenko would only waive his NTC for Florida, and that was part of why his return was so low. Not exactly a like for like situation with Wennberg, at least not as far as we know.

Reactions: majormajor

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Sorry to see Wennberg traded I know it was inevitable! Alex was great Defensively and had skills to play anywhere and with anyone! I'll miss him in the line up!Having said that GMFrancis got a couple of pretty good draft choices so in that regard I give props to the man and Organization

Good Luck to Alex Wennberg in his quest for a Stanley Cup

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Just came in here to eat my crow. A bit shocked that Francis is selling now after he leaked his intentions to re-sign Eberle.

I do believe the team is better off having McCann centering one of the top lines though, and Wennberg's place was always in Gourde's spot, but Gourde is just superior there in every facet of the game, so he was definitely expendable, but now the team is a Schwartz injury away from being pretty under-manned.

I really thought ownership was preaching "playoffs or bust" right now. Maybe this is a sign that they are realistic about the situation and willing to take a step back or two to secure a better future?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I don't get something? It says the Kraken are retaining 50% of the Cap hit so the NYRangers will pay Alex 2.25 M? Wennberg has played 60 games and was paid according to a 80-82 game season so 3/4 of his pay was already paid so in my books the Kraken are retaining 50% of what is left over so about 1.69 Million. Is it me or does the Salary Cap World in the NHL border on the weird but true area

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't get something? It says the Kraken are retaining 50% of the Cap hit so the NYRangers will pay Alex 2.25 M? Wennberg has played 60 games and was paid according to a 80-82 game season so 3/4 of his pay was already paid so in my books the Kraken are retaining 50% of what is left over so about 1.69 Million. Is it me or does the Salary Cap World in the NHL border on the weird but true area

The Kraken and the Rangers will split his remaining salary, so about $850k each.

The $2.25m is the annualized cap hit, that's the cap hit that the Rangers are charged with.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The Kraken and the Rangers will split his remaining salary, so about $850k each.

The $2.25m is the annualized cap hit, that's the cap hit that the Rangers are charged with.
Seems like 2 set of books dealing with "funny" money...thanks for the info though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad