Confirmed with Link: Wennberg to Rangers for 2024 2nd and 2025 4th

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Yeah. I don't know if there is anyone on this team other than Schultz I can see moved this TDL. I don't think Tatar has a market because of his playoff failures. Eberle is rumored to be re-signing here.
I dont even think the return would be good at all for him just more about Evans getting time.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Would love to see both Schultz and Eberle moved.

Eberle was a great soldier and marketing angle for the inaugural squad but this team needs prospects/picks to take the next step.

Reactions: kihei

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If any of you would be so kind, could you please give us Ranger fans a bit of information about him and his play on the NYR board? Most of us haven't watched much of him but we are expecting him to fit in nicely as our 3rd line center. Thank you!

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Based on all the talk about Eberle it sounded like we are re-signing him.
Yeah, I guess I’m holding out hope that proves inaccurate. I’ve enjoyed what Eberle has done for this team, but they’re not going to make the pivot off being a bubble team by resigning 34 year olds.

Reactions: Sad People

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
More on topic, happy to see Wennberg go someplace that has a legit shot at a Cup. Another foundational guy whose contribution to the club I’ll always appreciate.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yeah, I guess I’m holding out hope that proves inaccurate. I’ve enjoyed what Eberle has done for this team, but they’re not going to make the pivot off being a bubble team by resigning 34 year olds.
100%. I mean it depends on what the plan is though? Its not like we have prospects ready to step into that top-9 role outside of Wright. Unless Francis does something in FA or via trades, we are likely to go in with Beniers, Gourde and Wright as our 3C's. I am not sure what the realistic expectation should be for Wright.

McCann-Beniers-Bjorkstrand
Schwartz-Gourde-Burakovsky
Tolvanen-Wright-Eberle
Tanev-?-Kartye

We still need a 4C. I am hoping that we can wrap up Tolvanen and Beniers extensions for a combined 11M AAV or less. Re-sign Eberle for 4.5M x 2. The cap for next season is rumored to be $87.7M. Our D is all set but we likely need a 6/7D for depth. This is with about 10.5M of cap space. What are we going to do with all that cap space? I am not exactly sure.

My gut says that they want Eberle around to help Wright on that 3rd line.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Appreciation post.

1709761616814.png

Reactions: Fuhrious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad