Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Step 1: Scratch Scuderi
Step 2: Dress Harrington.
Step 3: Profit

Fixed. ;)

PK setup has to be changed, but don´t be shocked if it fails again. The Isles PP is right there with ours being the best in the league. Very few teams can defend that, expecting from Harrington to do the job is a little too much. It doesn´t sound like an ideal game to bring the kid in, but whatever, everyone is better than Scuds right now.

The PK is Harrington's specialty. Stellar positionally, great stick, ornery in front of the net (underrated part of his game...probably 2nd to Bort on this roster) and when he gets the puck, it's a virtual automatic clear. None of this "weak chip off the glass intercepted by the point man every time" horse ****.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
The PK is Harrington's specialty. Stellar positionally, great stick, ornery in front of the net (underrated part of his game...probably 2nd to Bort on this roster) and when he gets the puck, it's a virtual automatic clear. None of this "weak chip off the glass intercepted by the point man every time" horse ****.
I know, but it would still be his 1st NHL game and he would be instantly thrown into the water full of sharks. Defending Isles PP is a challenge. But yeah, it´s game 4 of the regular season, so let´s see what he can do. Maybe he can do the job there, I´m not sure. What I´m sure is that Scuderi can´t do it in this case, so there´s nothing to lose ;)

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Despres should be used more on the PK. Or just more in general.

Despres hasn't shown he can handle the minutes he already has - he's looked pretty brutal at times with individual decision making outside of Scuderi.

Get him away from Scuderi and playing the left side. Get his confidence and decision making back up. Then see about giving him more responsibilities.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Despres hasn't shown he can handle the minutes he already has - he's looked pretty brutal at times with individual decision making outside of Scuderi.

Get him away from Scuderi and playing the left side. Get his confidence and decision making back up. Then see about giving him more responsibilities.
Playing with Scuderi and that infecting his confidence is basically the only excuse for him. Other than that, he´s handling the puck like a hot potato even in the situations where Scuderi has zero impact on it.

Harrington absolutely needs to play, maybe right now when we lost a game, a change will come. He would be a brutal upgrade over Scuderi for sure. And I think he would be at least a slight upgrade over Despres, too.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Now, this is very interesting and very appealing. All of it's good, but the bolded in particular.

I really hate Scuderi's "challenging" of another player where all he does is get out of position and then be too slow to get back. Then there's his desire to be a second goalie as soon as he senses he might need to in the near future.

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
I still can't believe Scuderi was signed to a four year deal.
There is a chance we are stuck with him for another two years after this year. :laugh::cry:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I know, but it would still be his 1st NHL game and he would be instantly thrown into the water full of sharks. Defending Isles PP is a challenge. But yeah, it´s game 4 of the regular season, so let´s see what he can do. Maybe he can do the job there, I´m not sure. What I´m sure is that Scuderi can´t do it in this case, so there´s nothing to lose ;)

Tough for a rookie, but the kid's as composed as they come.

Now, this is very interesting and very appealing. All of it's good, but the bolded in particular.

I really hate Scuderi's "challenging" of another player where all he does is get out of position and then be too slow to get back. Then there's his desire to be a second goalie as soon as he senses he might need to in the near future.

He's pretty handy with the stick when he's battling for his patch of ice. Something to watch for when he gets his chance.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
There's some pretty funny "analysis" in this thread. I get the emotional stuff last night, the result stung. But this afternoon? It's three games people, two of which the Pens won.

How long until the smug Johnston appears?

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
It's nothing to do with "the system". It's a bad line up for penalty killing that has let in more than half of the entire goals scored against. Doing the same thing over and expecting different results.... yeah...

And yet you can't understand why us that want Fleury gone from this team are so passionate? MJ just got here and its gonna take time to undo Bylsma's screw up. Fleury has been here since 2003, whats his excuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad