Post-Game Talk: Welp.. that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
No-one is allowed to say 'back-breaker' in respect for Dupuis' health.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Eh those are gonna happen. All this time off is making it hard to get into a flow. I honestly expected us to have a harder time than we did. We never play well after long layoffs.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I just hope Dupers is okay.

The game was ass, but I don't really mind. It'll be interesting to see how they respond, though.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind playing Greiss next game just to see how he looks in real games.

Xavier Laflamme*

$5 million a year for a no confidence soft goaltender. Outrageous. Thanks MAF! Your'e so sweet, dude! So awesome.

GIVE ME GREIS OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
There were so many posters at the end of the last thread grilling Fleury for the goal.
It was soft...ish?

How about Sid taking that penalty? Here's a good opportunity for Johnston to employ some Bylsma style accountability, except the opposite.

And I hated to see Dupuis get hurt, but I really couldn't tell if it was the puck, or the hit.
He got hit and stayed down, and didn't really react to getting hit by the puck at all.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Only listened to the game so I can't comment much, adjustment I would like to see is the D pairs shaken up. Martin - Ehrhoff has been bad, so has Despres - Scuderi.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Fleury is the obvious weakest link. Nearly blew the game against Anaheim. Starting off the proceedings tonight with a turd, and finished with another turd.

I hope we don't have to suffer through another post season of his BS

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
All I care about is how the team reacts. That's the telling thing here.

Amen. Games like this were inevitable, where you'd see a lot of thinking and too much cuteness out there.

One thing I didn't like: It was obvious that the Pens were, at best, barely better than the Stars at ES after the first. Ruff juggled his lines. The Pens did not. I critiqued the last coaching staff's refusal to do whatever it could to help snap the team out of it instead of hoping they snapped out of it themselves. It's not unreasonable to criticize this staff for the same. I mean, it would be one thing if it were just a question of not getting bounces, but it was slightest advantage Pens five on five in the first and then ice tilted in the Stars favor after Ruff juggled.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I am trying so hard not to overreact. If Johnson makes them skate until they puke, I will know there is a change in the right direction. Herb Brooks is one of the only coaches I will ever respect. I am so sick of the buddy-buddy ********.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Probably not a popular opinion, but the the worst goal for fleury was the first one. Was lazy and didn't have the paddle down. Cross ice pass from behind the net, through the crease.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
that wasn't a bad game. another excellent first. they came out a bit slow to start the second but they were still dominating possession and having great forechecking shifts. the defense, particularly martin, scuderi, and ehrhoff, were bad all game

the dupuis incident took all the wind out of the offense's sails. comeau started trying to do way too much after getting bumped up. kunitz was awful. the whole team had tons of turnovers. no one seemed to have much energy besides sill. they played alright d for a stretch but then the same defensive players blew it in the last minute

fleury was also poor on and after the second goal, then the crossbar, then finally on the pp goal. a classic fleury performance, really illustrates everything he does wrong even if he wasn't solely at fault

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
+ Sutter
+ Sill
+ Spaling
+ Comeau
+ 1st period

- 2nd period onward
- Dupuis' injury
- Kunitz after his goal
- MAF
- The entire defensive corps was mimicking Scuderi--and it was abysmal
- No desperation/determination whatsoever
- 4 day layoffs

Scuderi, Martin, Letang, Kunitz, and MAF were awful. The team got complacent after the first, and it showed. Totally outplayed in every facet of the game from just about the onset of the 2nd.

Ah well. Onward, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad