Post-Game Talk: Well that was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
IF the officiating had done their jobs properly (the elbow to marners face) , the play would have been blown dead before kadri made that bad hit.

A offside was absolutely responsible for their 1rst goal, thats on the officiating NOT coach babs

Kadris penalty for that clean hit on wingels behind the net, sorry but just a all round brutal night for the officials.

Kadri should have also got a penalty for his blatant kneeing on Nash in the 2nd period, he got away with one and got a make up call back and he was fully deserving of the 5 min major

Reactions: Pookie and Diddy

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Kadri should have also got a penalty for his blatant kneeing on Nash in the 2nd period, he got away with one and got a make up call back and he was fully deserving of the 5 min major

Yep exactly.

This is why any discussion of "OMG MISSED WINGELS CALL" is just silly. They let a lot go last night, including the knee by Kadri on Nash

Reactions: Diddy and Dzonna

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
kiss last year just wasn't enough..

Op4W9iJ.gif

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Marchand will do whatever it takes to win. If coach says go full speed and crash through goalie and net he does it. I hate him but respect his passion and overiding desire to win at all costs. We don't have that kinda guy in the lineup. Bruins have a few. Oh well having fun in Beantown. Unless breakout changes and Leafs play with speed this one is over in 4.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
kiss last year just wasn't enough..

Op4W9iJ.gif

I don't know what that is exactly that Marchand's doing...but, I'm fine with the Corporal taking a solid for the team, removing his bucket and BM's, and giving him a kiss back...from Glasgow if you know what I mean.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
One of the many things that cracks me up, is that most people were picking Boston to not even make the playoffs this year. Heck that prominent hockey magazine picked them to not make the playoffs AND Toronto as well.

Can you imagine if Sweeney had picked some good players with those three first round picks?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Am I the only one who thinks that the score of this game is misleading? 5- 1 sounds like a kill, but this game was tied well past the half way point of the game.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
One of the many things that cracks me up, is that most people were picking Boston to not even make the playoffs this year. Heck that prominent hockey magazine picked them to not make the playoffs AND Toronto as well.

Can you imagine if Sweeney had picked some good players with those three first round picks?

Which magazine?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks that the score of this game is misleading? 5- 1 sounds like a kill, but this game was tied well past the half way point of the game.

And then a blow out for the other half...?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
If Leafs scored on one of those 2 PP opportunities and took the lead this is a different game IMO. Those PP's looked good too just couldn't capitalize. After just barely surviving that initial 10 minute onslaught to start the game the Leafs speed slowly began to take over and you could see the Leafs carrying the play for large stretches.

We've seen this how good this team can be when they are in the zone, and that effort simply wasn't there last night. We need a 1-1 split going back to Toronto, if we get that everyone will be happy and jolly again. If we don't I'd suggest staying away from this website all together because it will be bad in here...and rightfully so because this Leafs team is too good to potentially be down 0-2 to anybody.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Don't know how that isn't taunting
Like I said in another thread, chirping is one thing....this is crossing a line
if marchand wants to play mind games, leafs could really get him back by filing a sexual harassment charge. They would have no choice but to take it seriously...Not sure how marchand would feel about dealing with legal complications in between games lol

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If Leafs scored on one of those 2 PP opportunities and took the lead this is a different game IMO. Those PP's looked good too just couldn't capitalize. After just barely surviving that initial 10 minute onslaught to start the game the Leafs speed slowly began to take over and you could see the Leafs carrying the play for large stretches.

We've seen this how good this team can be when they are in the zone, and that effort simply wasn't there last night. We need a 1-1 split going back to Toronto, if we get that everyone will be happy and jolly again. If we don't I'd suggest staying away from this website all together because it will be bad in here...and rightfully so because this Leafs team is too good to potentially be down 0-2 to anybody.

I think we'll see a team much more composed and relaxed tomorrow. And, for the love of God, Andersen needs to be better too. I am starting to get nervous now with almost every shot the other team is taking at him.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Nylander and Mathews got completely shut down by bergeron line. Komarov going in there cant be any worse, offense might not improve but at least a better defensive player can slow marchant down. Now Boston has to deal with Nylander not being covered by the bergeron line. Think of the big picture... Mathews/Nylander together were no match for bergeron, so at worst case komarov/mathews no match against bergeron but maybe nylander freed from him can do something. Komorov against marchand isnt too bad either.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Nylander and Mathews got completely shut down by bergeron line. Komarov going in there cant be any worse, offense might not improve but at least a better defensive player can slow marchant down. Now Boston has to deal with Nylander not being covered by the bergeron line. Think of the big picture... Mathews/Nylander together were no match for bergeron, so at worst case komarov/mathews no match against bergeron but maybe nylander freed from him can do something. Komorov against marchand isnt too bad either.
but the Matthews line didn't get scored on. Will they allow -1 goal with Komarov's help?
Also, Nylander is staying there. Komarov is replacing Hyman.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
but the Matthews line didn't get scored on. Will they allow -1 goal with Komarov's help?
Mathews and Nylander couldnt do offensively anything either.. Hyman is the guy that scored. Against Bergerion why waste our two best players letting them get shutdown by the best line in hockey? Boston is going to play their best line against mathews. I would rather have Komarov and Hyman as collateral damage instead of nylander

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think we'll see a team much more composed and relaxed tomorrow. And, for the love of God, Andersen needs to be better too. I am starting to get nervous now with almost every shot the other team is taking at him.
If Andersen stinks tomorrow is it McStarter time?

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008

The refs missed calls on both teams. The refs allowed this game to get out of hand. Results may still be the same but we would not be looking at a Kadri suspension and Wingels would be heathly. Refs are fully to blame for these outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad