Post-Game Talk: Well that just happened...

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Okay, that's a little better, but you're still calculating the chance to lose against Montreal based on past history against Boston, for example. If you dismiss that as an impossible, meaningless correlation, then your chi2 goes down.

I guess all I'm saying is don't read too much into the numbers, but if you've already acknowledged that then no biggie, we can move on.

I see what you are saying. Yes you are right in a sense that it's not a 100% pure sample group however, I never intended to find independent underlying causes or anything. I just simply tested a factor vs a factor. whatever that factor maybe.

If I did pearson correlation or other descriptive stats, it would have been wrong to use that arbitrary group as a factor. But not in this case in my opinion.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I don't understand people's beef here. It's almost like you're finding reasons to nitpick, just so you can nitpick. Not team is perfect. Just go look at those so called "contenders" boards. They don't think they are contenders. Just the "other" fan bases...

May be so much time off makes a fan like myself look too deeply into that loss to the Penguins. I don't chalk it up as merely a lack of effort. The Red Wings got smoked, dominated, so tore up it shocked me personally. Waited for days for that one and it was with national coverage on "rivalry night", what an embarrassing display.

It's disconcerting that just as in Tampa we can be 100% shut down. I'm looking where is Gus, Tatar, Zetterberg, Sheahan, Abdelkader, just so ineffective. When Datsyuk is being double teamed he also can be made invisible. Without Glendening manning that 4th line it isn't much of a checking line either.

This game vs. Jets will be great I hope, having both playoff teams has been more interesting to me lately. Bigger is the match Monday vs. the Canadians. They have had our # at times. As of now we would be facing them 1st round of the PO's. No way the Wings can **** the bed again and lose 4/5 to 1 against an equally powerful rival.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
May be so much time off makes a fan like myself look too deeply into that loss to the Penguins. I don't chalk it up as merely a lack of effort. The Red Wings got smoked, dominated, so tore up it shocked me personally. Waited for days for that one and it was with national coverage on "rivalry night", what an embarrassing display.

It's disconcerting that just as in Tampa we can be 100% shut down. I'm looking where is Gus, Tatar, Zetterberg, Sheahan, Abdelkader, just so ineffective. When Datsyuk is being double teamed he also can be made invisible. Without Glendening manning that 4th line it isn't much of a checking line either.

This game vs. Jets will be great I hope, having both playoff teams has been more interesting to me lately. Bigger is the match Monday vs. the Canadians. They have had our # at times. As of now we would be facing them 1st round of the PO's. No way the Wings can **** the bed again and lose 4/5 to 1 against an equally powerful rival.

Well, yes. The Wings got smoked. They weren't even skating to compete. Against a team like the Pens, with a rookie goalie? No wonder they smoked the Wings.

Let's not forget that the very same Pens team that beat the Wings soundly, got wrecked against he Canucks the game before. But...the Wings happened to play just fine against the Canucks. Maybe the Pens weren't skating, and the Canucks...an NHL team...took them to the cleaners.

Like I already said, It's a lose. It happens. Skate on time/better against them next time, and you give yourself a chance, while not getting embarrassed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad