Post-Game Talk: Well.... learning experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Whatever 4 game winning streak ends with a bad 3rd.
Mentally, they already look like a great team. This was the exception. Very exciting
Also Cooper is garbage. Carried by a good team. Babcock>Cooper

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Is it suppose to be a joke title for the PGT? because its freakin' stupid. Learning experience? :facepalm:

this team couldn't hold a f***ing 3-1 lead and allowed in full Carlyle fashion a great comeback.

Freakin' JOKE

Reactions: dsred

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Not that we deserved the W, but Hyman on the ice with the empty net makes me throw up in my mouth.

Reactions: ToMaLe

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Feels bad man.

Great 2 periods. Just great. Speed, puck support, tape-to-tape passes.

Then the 3rd came, you can say we weren't ready, or unlucky or whatever. Tampa got that late goal in the 2nd and they came out flying in the 3rd.

Chalk it upto a learning experience. With Matthews and steady Freddie I like our chances going forward.

Reactions: LeafSadist

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
1st Period: Measuring stick game

2nd Period: Measuring stick game.

3rd Period: Meh they’re just trying to get to the playoffs healthy.

;)

Reactions: dsred

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Weird Leafs didn't beat the best team in the NHL missing their best player (and number 1 center) as well as their number 1 ice time player (and top 4 defender)...

Take it with a grain of salt, ladies and gents.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If you can't lock down a 3-0 lead and a 2 goal 3rd period lead, then the playoffs will not be fun. Tampa may have turned it up a notch but the Leafs were absolutely flat in the 3rd. The last few minutes were terrible. Andersen wasn't sharp either.
the frustrating part is that we can. Even without Matthews, we absolutely had every chance to win tonight and we blew it. We didn't look like we were even trying

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Is it suppose to be a joke title for the PGT? because its freakin' stupid. Learning experience? :facepalm:

this team couldn't hold a ****ing 3-1 lead and allowed in full Carlyle fashion a great comeback.

Freakin' JOKE

lol.........................................................................................................................

who cares we won 4 of 5. We stole a couple of games previously. It catches up to you

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Bad third period all around. Game is 100% on Andersen. 3 goals in 6 shots. 4 goals in 25 shots. He’s been garbage for awhile. Needs to pick it up before the playoffs.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Not that we deserved the W, but Hyman on the ice with the empty net makes me throw up in my mouth.

I think you need to bitch about hyman and maybe polak a bit more. It will make you feel better about yourself.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Like I said in the GDT.

If I were Babs this team would be walking to Nashville.

That 5 minute stretch from the end of the 2nd to the start of the 3rd was Horachek era bad hockey that the boys played tonight.

Just f***ing awful!!!

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
He had 3 goals and 4 points in the last 4 games before tonight

He has 2 goals in the last 4.

An empty netter and one that literally hit him and went in.

Sorry I expect him to be able to handle the f***ing puck. He looks like Hyman sometimes.

Reactions: saffronleaf

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Marleau looks done. Terrible signing

He had a ton of giveaways, look disjointed, confused, throwing the puck away to no one, in the crowd etc. Besides one goal the other night, his last 3-4 have been empty netters dating back a few months. He's been shit.

Andersen has been trash too. .840% isn't gonna win you games in the playoffs.

He's been around .890% for the last 9 games or so.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
1) Stop skating. Stop working. Lose. NO LEAD IS TOO BIG.

2) You don't win in the playoffs without clutch goaltending. October Andersen™ is back.

3) There is nothing to learn from a collapse like this. It's demoralizing.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad