Post-Game Talk: Well.... learning experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Leafs win the first two periods!

Lose the game because that's not good enough. Not a good one. Got a good lead and yet again they stopped playing. Not going to win in the playoffs that way. Hopefully they clean it up.

Reactions: dsred

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Honestly, even though we're playing one of the best teams in the league and our goalie was coming off an injury and we're missing our best player.... I thought we'd manhandle them every step of the way.

I'm FURIOUS!!!!!!

Reactions: Gallagbi

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
This is not a learning experience for sure. Their intensity just drops and they let teams in the game.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This has happened too much recently. I know we're without Matthews but I witnessed the same thing live at the Dallas game. Get a 2-0 lead, took the foot off the gas pedal. Guess what? Tampa Bay is better then Dallas and you can't stop playing.

Also to those of you crapping on Andersen, get out of here with that garbage.

Reactions: stickty111

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
When was the last time Marleau did anything good offensively?

He always bobbles it along the boards and loses it near the point. Every ****ing time.
He ain't worth anywhere near his cap hit.

Gonna look even worse next year.

Reactions: saffronleaf

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
That was f***ing embarrassing. No excuse to blow that. Once they got up three they just shut it down and let Tampa take over the game.

You would think they would know better by now? I know they don't blow many leads, but they did tonight. Horrid 2nd half of the game after such a near perfect first 30 minutes.

Going to get f***ing killed on Thursday night 'cause Nashville doesn't mess around.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
TB didn’t really try and were the superior team.

Thursday they get to play the best team in the NHL.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Not gonna be all doom and gloomy but this is a game they need to win. When you dominate and play as well as they did for nearly 40 minutes you cannot have a third like they did.

I hope Babs gives em the what for.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
If you can't lock down a 3-0 lead and a 2 goal 3rd period lead, then the playoffs will not be fun. Tampa may have turned it up a notch but the Leafs were absolutely flat in the 3rd. The last few minutes were terrible. Andersen wasn't sharp either.

Reactions: dsred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad