Blue Jays Discussion: :( well it was a hell of a ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not doubting that he said it but when did he? I missed it.

Like Osuna, McCool and Forster had been starters in the minors. The Jays continue to talk about Osuna blossoming into a first-rate big-league starter, and one might assume Osuna supports that notion.

He says he does not. He is not even particular about remaining a closer.

“If I’m a setup man or just a reliever, I’m feeling pretty comfortable with that, because I like to pitch almost every day,†he said. “I don’t want to be a starter and pitch every fifth day.â€

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...osuna-nothing-but-iron-and-steel-on-the-mound

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'm not doubting that he said it but when did he? I missed it.

Regardless, I'd want to keep him as the closer. He did well, and he'll only get better. This was his first season and his first postseason (as a 20 year old I might add). He had his ups and downs, but I do not feel like the closing role is a place of concern with him there.

This is what I hope:

Price (or other if he asks for too much)
Stroman
Estrada
Dickey
Sanchez/Hutchison

LR: Sanchez/Hutchison (RHP)
MR: Hendriks (RHP)
MR: Venditte (SHP)
MR: Loup or Upgrade (LHP)
SU: Mark Lowe (RHP)
SU: Brett Cecil (LHP)
CL: Roberto Osuna (RHP)

Maybe we trade for (or sign) someone special for the bull pen and replace Loup or Venditte or something, but otherwise that's what I expect.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Regardless, I'd want to keep him as the closer. He did well, and he'll only get better. This was his first season and his first postseason (as a 20 year old I might add). He had his ups and downs, but I do not feel like the closing role is a place of concern with him there.

This is what I hope:

Price (or other if he asks for too much)
Stroman
Estrada
Dickey
Sanchez/Hutchison

LR: Sanchez/Hutchison (RHP)
MR: Hendriks (RHP)
MR: Venditte (SHP)
MR: Loup or Upgrade (LHP)
SU: Mark Lowe (RHP)
SU: Brett Cecil (LHP)
CL: Roberto Osuna (RHP)

Maybe we trade for (or sign) someone special for the bull pen and replace Loup or Venditte or something, but otherwise that's what I expect.

I personally think Estrada is walking from the Jays this year. He had an amazing season and is most likely looking for that big deal something I think the Jays can't and wont give him.

They really need to add some more jam to their bull pen this offseason. (Another LHP would be ideal.)

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
I personally think Estrada is walking from the Jays this year. He had an amazing season and is most likely looking for that big deal something I think the Jays can't and wont give him.

They really need to add some more jam to their bull pen this offseason. (Another LHP would be ideal.)

Estrada has said that he is open to returning to the team as long as Navarro is there (because of his good playcalling skills).

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Idk if I can call what happened a fail. The umpire's terrible strike calls completely changed the game as far as Navarro and Revere's hitting were concerned.

Exactly. While have a runner on 3rd with no outs should more often than not get you a run, some people are acting as if that run scores every time. The 2nd strike calls on Navarro and Revere sure did change their decision for the next pitch. Especially Navarro, as someone brought up the MLB At Bat app that showed Navarrao swinging on what was strike 3, the pitch was in the exact same spot as the bad call.

With Revere's AB if that pitch was actually called a ball (as it should have been) the count is 3-1, what changes likely both the next pitch Davis throws, and also what Revere does.

Hardly an 'epic fail'

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Estrada has said that he is open to returning to the team as long as Navarro is there (because of his good playcalling skills).

Then I doubt he comes back as I think Navarro wants to be a starter not a back up. Although whichever team signs Estrada maybe they will trade for Navarro then ;)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Then I doubt he comes back as I think Navarro wants to be a starter not a back up. Although whichever team signs Estrada maybe they will trade for Navarro then ;)

Isn't Navarro a UFA? In fact, both are UFA's.

If we end up losing Estrada but get someone just as good in FA, it doesn't matter to me. Estrada may not be able to perform as well as he did last year.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Good luck to Estrada...he's likely going to get big money from some small market trash team that will also sign Navarro. Just more money now to put into Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad