Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Status on Chucky ?

No update until tomorrow

not my normal thread for this . but do you think anyone would be interested in Bob after this run. maybe there's a chance to rid that contract next year... yes I know the no movement... just wonder if perception is changed...

Unlikely unless the cap jumps up a few million. I don’t see the team dealing him next year either way after this run with Knight’s status currently unknown

Reactions: harv33173

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
We need to stop this lol. Vegas is an incredible hockey team. They are jsut top to bottom firing on all cylinders. They look incredible that’s why we don’t look great.

yeah, we should give credit where due.

I also think, as some have said, that we miss eetu. we've known all along that we're very thin. he's not a world-beater on his own but he balanced our lines such that they were working against tough competition. he was good on retrievals and was really helping that third line stay effective. dalpe hasn't been bad but he just doesn't have the same tools. maybe it wouldn't have made a huge difference but I think with this matchup, we need every ounce of depth we have.

For everyone posting that the team should trade Ekbkad I have something to tell you; he ain't going anywhere. He has a no movement clause(NMC) for the next two seasons . No way is he accepting a trade away from South Florida.

why do we have to always beat up on someone? ek has made some mistakes and clearly isn't right but he's competed hard and still brings things that nobody else can. his stick handling through the NZ and on entry helped us gain the zone on the tying goal the other night. he also got the primary assist on a perfect shot - low, far side, producing a juicy rebound for Chucky.

I agree that he's probably going to be here for the duration of his contract at least. folks just need to accept the outcome without needing to beat on players. this has been an incredible post-season. VGK is very good team playing an almost perfect game. if we lose to them, it will not be because of ekblad.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
IMG_3909.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: FinlandPanther

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I also wanted to add something more specific that I had been thinking - we have reeled in VGK a little bit. we haven't seen the free-for-all we saw through that large swath of games 1 and 2. when you look at how we've had success, it's been in low-scoring games (mostly). VGK is now, I think, 12-0 when scoring 3+ in the playoffs.

I really think we can still have some success if we can be just a little bit better defensively. there are always going to be mistakes but I'd like to see us manage our defensive layers a little better and hold them to 2.

on each goal there were layers of mistakes - bad change but no layers there for help, miscommunication on coverage off the rush (two guys go to the net to defend 1 attacker, leaving trailer open plus not enough back-pressure), lost board battles (3v2 no less) and open passing lanes (duke on goal 3).

we can afford (hard to avoid in fact) 1 or 2 of those but not 3. hold them to 2 Tuesday and I'll be happy, whatever happens.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I already got my severe depression out of the way early (day after game 2. I gave up all hope at that point). Which made these last two games much easier to watch. These playoffs were so great for me because I watched each game with 0 expectation, so I was never toooo nervous (at least compared to previous years). Didn’t expect them to beat the bruins, especially once we were down 1-3. That was incredible. Didn’t expect to beat Toronto. That was so gratifying after the we want Florida stuff. Didn’t think we’d beat Carolina. Somehow sweep them and just like that we were 1pt away from missing the playoffs, to 59 seconds away from elimination in round 1…to the panthers in the Stanley cup. Incredible run. Then I thought with the teams they beat and the manner in which they did it, I really thought they had a legit chance at this. For it to crumble so spectacularly after the first 2 games, the pain was unfathomable. I accepted the fact later in the day, I went into game 3 as a celebration of this accomplishment. This arena is like a 2nd home to me since middle school (I’m 31 now), and to play Stanley cup games here? A feat the largest market team in the league hasn’t done in 56yrs? Think about that, there can be a Toronto fan who’s 55 and they’ve never once made it this far in their life. I changed my perspective and what happens, they win game 3 lol. But even yesterday I figured vegas would rebound and it was too much for us to come back from.

The injuries are mounting, they’ll want to end it at home. I just don’t see how this doesn’t end Tuesday, and if they pull a rabbit out of their ass, I don’t see how vegas wouldn’t put it away here. Maybe if we were healthy, but not like this. Sucks because these last two games have been close. 1 goal games. Botching the first two, combined with existing and now new injuries, it’s too much to overcome. It’s been a hell of a season. Arguably the greatest in team history, either way it’s the best I’ve ever enjoyed as a fan personally. Turning what was looking to be one of the most disappointing and aggravating seasons into possibly our best ever, and considering we won the presidents trophy last year that’s no small feat to one-up.

Just gotta come to terms that they’ll be lifting the cup in these
E68E1976-47CB-429B-9E37-FBC79DC6B6AB.jpeg

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022

Wow you really see the jealousy and Panthers hate in this tweet. We love Chucky and he gives and gets no big thing. It’s not like this with many many youtube podcasters that admire what the Panthers have done. That tweet is just jealousy at its finest.

Reactions: harv33173

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
V. Viola's horse ran in the Belmont Stakes and was the favorite to win - actually came in 2nd.

Perhaps that had something to do with it and also why Viola was at the game and not the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad