• Yes

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
We need to stop this lol. Vegas is an incredible hockey team. They are jsut top to bottom firing on all cylinders. They look incredible that’s why we don’t look great.
Yes. They are also something like 14 millions above the cap. To be successful 'til the end Florida needs a better 4th line to be able to play on four cylinders. Vegas also has a much better defense that is blocking shots and making it very difficult for Florida to make plays from middle.

Fighting spirit was there, Panthers wanted to win the game but like other writers pointed out, the tank is starting to become empty.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I actually preferred the refs being a lot more lenient today, minus the bs call on staal. Like if you’re not going to call the slash on stone then don’t call that dive/embellishment 10sec later. That was absurd.

What I’m really clueless about is why that whistle went. On the replay it looks like tkachuk barely went into hill, looked a little embellished on hill’s part, but even if he did fall then why the whistle? I thought the net must’ve came off or something but no the net was fine. A goalie interference call? No? Ok, then why blow the whistle dead ESPECIALLY when there’s only 1.5min to go in the game, we’re down by a goal and we ACTIVELY had possession in their zone and were generating chances! Now the play is dead and you’re forced into a face off that you may or may not win, but even if you win it it still changes everything. In a pretty much do or die Stanley cup situation. How do you allow that to happen?

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
We are so close, but just can't get the wins...
Trade for Bertuzzi and Trade Ekblad please.

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
I actually preferred the refs being a lot more lenient today, minus the bs call on staal. Like if you’re not going to call the slash on stone then don’t call that dive/embellishment 10sec later. That was absurd.

What I’m really clueless about is why that whistle went. On the replay it looks like tkachuk barely went into hill, looked a little embellished on hill’s part, but even if he did fall then why the whistle? I thought the net must’ve came off or something but no the net was fine. A goalie interference call? No? Ok, then why blow the whistle dead ESPECIALLY when there’s only 1.5min to go in the game, we’re down by a goal and we ACTIVELY had possession in their zone and were generating chances! Now the play is dead and you’re forced into a face off that you may or may not win, but even if you win it it still changes everything. In a pretty much do or die Stanley cup situation. How do you allow that to happen?
That was one of the weirdest whistles I have ever seen with absolutely no explanation. Hopefully it was addressed in the post game interviews. In real time it seemed like a whistle to keep them from getting a scoring chance.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I 100% do not believe the league or Bettman or whoever rigs these games via the refs. I also think Vegas has been the better team and would probably be winning anyways, but maybe it would take 7 games or we'd have a better chance.

HOWEVER, we know the refs and reffing fraternity holds grudges against teams or players. We've admit it before at various times in the past. There's a lot of judgement and if you piss off the refs, they can disfavor you, they're human after all. I'm almost certain the refs overall were just sick of hearing about how we've bullied our way to the finals and about Tkachuk.

This series was not called evenly. And this isn't some Panthers fan fantasy. We rarely hear the talking heads discuss officiating as often as they did this series. It's come up all the time. Look at what so many neutral fans are saying.

Game 1, it started with some bs calls, and Tkachuck/Benn got thrown out at the end deservedly. Game 2 was some grade A bullshit with Tkachuck's misconducts and the misconducts in general for a game where there wasn't even a fight! Game 3 was just a stupid amount of penalties topped off with the one right before OT. Game 4 for some reason they just decided to not call anything until the phantom Staal penalty and then some phantom whistle?

Like how are games 1-3 called the way they were and game 4 completely different? No way there wasn't somebody who talked to the refs and said game 3 was overboard, Panthers have got the memo, not you can ease off.

Again, I'm not saying there's a conspiracy. I'm not even saying we'd win this without the bs reffing because Vegas has been better. All in saying is this shit stinks. I know everyone complains about the refs all the time, but this is next level during the Cup final and the league should be embarrassed. If I was a new fan watching this I'd be so turned off.

And btw, my guess on the whistle at the end? They were going to call a penalty on Tkachuck, but then one of the other refs says he got pushed in, or the Hill retaliation and the cross check by the Vegas player negated the penalty call. But that's still just inexcusable in that situation.

Last edited:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
If you would’ve told me at the start of the season that we were going to be in the SC finals and win one game, I would’ve laughed at your face. So with the in mind I’m happy and proud of this team. The only thing that makes me sad is that we don’t know when we’ll ever be back here again. Even with the knowledge that we’re suppose to be a better team next season making it here is not guaranteed. It’s really really hard to win the cup there’s so many variables involved.

Sigh….. : (

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I know I’ve been a massive Ekblad hater but this series here is showing that we have to move on as quickly as possible. Dumb. Decisions and Vegas has absolutely exposed his lack of foot speed. They dumped the puck in his corner every single time and retrieved it every single time. He is a liability on this core. I get he’s a first overall pick with pedigree but it’s time to move on as quickly as possible. His 7.5 mil would be way more beneficial elsewhere.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

Did we ever get an explanation for that whistle? Even the commentators were complaining about.

And I agree with @pantherbot , I don’t think there is a conspiracy but if the reffing is so bad that multiple commentators and analysts are bringing it up every game you know it’s not just in our heads.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
If you would’ve told me at the start of the season that we were going to be in the SC finals and win one game, I would’ve laughed at your face.

If you would’ve told me we’d come back from 3-1 against Boston, then beat Toronto and Carolina 8-1, only to lose 4-1 in the finals, I think I kinda would’ve believed that. Lmao

Reactions: Vilam and iam76

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
It's not over as unlikely as it seems. We have yet to play a complete structured game in this series. Vegas, has been extremely lucky all series long. The Panthers have never won a game in Las Vegas before. All of these things will change.

If you would’ve told me we’d come back from 3-1 against Boston, then beat Toronto and Carolina 8-1, only to lose 4-1 in the finals, I think I kinda would’ve believed that. Lmao

It's only logical considering how Jekyll and Hyde the team has looked since game 1 of the regular season.

Reactions: batting1k

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
not my normal thread for this . but do you think anyone would be interested in Bob after this run. maybe there's a chance to rid that contract next year... yes I know the no movement... just wonder if perception is changed...

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
For everyone posting that the team should trade Ekbkad I have something to tell you; he ain't going anywhere. He has a no movement clause(NMC) for the next two seasons . No way is he accepting a trade away from South Florida.
I could see him going home to Detroit/Windsor

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
My Canes go to the FINAL FOUR and my Panthers go to the Stanley Cup. I’m having a very good year. In both cases the progress not only has been made on the court and on the Ice but it will pay dividends in every other aspect as well.

Nationally we are relevant and to stay that way looks much more promising in the future.

Respect for UCONN and Vegas but I don’t think the Canes played or are the Panthers playing at a level that got them to the highest level of playoffs.

Not over for the Cats we might see it yet we’ve been a tough out.

Last edited:

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I just watched the last 2 episodes of Quest for the Cup. It angered me watching the SC episode

The league must do something about Hill. He takes so many liberties that are actually extremely dirty. He doesn’t like getting bumped so bump the shit out of him every chance you get.

The officiating is really terrible. The tap of the stick that Chucky thrown out was a complete joke and that ref should never work another playoff or cup game ever again

The Staals, Ekblad, Duke, and White, must be moved or let go. They are glaringly bad.

I don’t get the VGK is deep talk. They have the same 20 guys suiting up as we do. Maybe everyone actually means that they have more school all the way down to the 4th line and their 6 D

It is so obvious that without Luo we only have 6 forwards worth a damn. Duke and Cousins are not that good, so not much time and energy needs to be spent on defending them on the ice. That makes it so easy to focus on the truly skilled 6 and shut them down.

Our D is maybe 4 deep. As I said above, Shitter Staal and Ekblad are bad and they are so slow it is pathetic.

oh, and Eichel is one ugly mfer

Stone looks like he jumped Out of the Museum of Natural history.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
PoMo deserves some serious beat down for playing the Staal line in the last 8 minutes of that game last night. Enough for the Staal love. He is not going to win you the Cup. That ship sailed over 15 years ago.

Reactions: KW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad