Gardiner Carrick
Hunwick Polak
Marincin Corrado

Andersson
Enroth

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Well they're gonna have to place one of Corrado or Carrick on waivers. They really can't keep them both...unless they dump Marincin which would be very surprising considering his possession numbers and late season play.

And thus we circle back around to why signing Polak was a mistake.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Well they're gonna have to place one of Corrado or Carrick on waivers. They really can't keep them both...unless they dump Marincin which would be very surprising considering his possession numbers and late season play.

or we keep 8 D. Or we waive Polak. Or we trade Hunwick. There are numerous options before dumping Marincin who IMO is probably our 4th best defenseman to keep 2 inferior albeit younger defensemen.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Hey guys, I missed the game last night. Can anyone say how kap looked? Saw he had a goal and an assist.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
In 3 years, imagine stacking Marner-Matthews-Nylander on the same line.

Would be the most skilled line ever assembled, unless one of them starts emulating Alexandre Daigle.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Mitch "Merlin" Marner

Since your the creator I must thank you. This is a very good name :D :handclap:

What I've seen I must say I hate the idea of Holland stayin there... Hopefully the coachin staff knows and sees that allmost anyone on the roster would've been better in that position. Marner is a Demigod :D Well yeah lets settle down but the vision is even more phenomenal that i thought it would be. Also I did like how Kapanen made his line work and some offensive pedigree. Corrado is makin things really tough since I was allmost certain that he's the odd man out... Not so sure anymore.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Since your the creator I must thank you. This is a very good name :D :handclap:

What I've seen I must say I hate the idea of Holland stayin there... Hopefully the coachin staff knows and sees that allmost anyone on the roster would've been better in that position. Marner is a Demigod :D Well yeah lets settle down but the vision is even more phenomenal that i thought it would be. Also I did like how Kapanen made his line work and some offensive pedigree. Corrado is makin things really tough since I was allmost certain that he's the odd man out... Not so sure anymore.

Not to worry. JVR will be in that spot soon enough.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I think Marner looks great. Keep it up.

He needs elite finishers though.

Holland and bozak could have had 4 more between them ,size or not marner has to stay even if you pick and choose his games ,he can play on ANY nhl powr play now ,nylander still takes shifts off ,babs wont tolerate that:yo::yo::yo:

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
In 3 years, imagine stacking Marner-Matthews-Nylander on the same line.

Would be the most skilled line ever assembled, unless one of them starts emulating Alexandre Daigle.

You do not speak the devil's name on this board. And no, I'm not talking about Miroslav Satan.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Very impressive

Thought the Leafs exited there D zone last night very well.....Look very organized in all aspects. When they entered the Sabres they were able to retain puck possession and make plays.

I've been down on Peter Holland, but he looked good at LW, Marner was his RWer and he certainly looks like he has "it"
Gee even Frankie Corrado looked good and convenient and least offensively. Connor Carrick looked very good to me in the last two games. And last year too he played well. Don't think Leaf fans have to worry about having Zaitsev and Carrick as the top two RHD.
Gauthier looked confident and with another year with the Marlies....could be an NHLer in 2017.

All World Cup players did not play, except Leaf starter Enroth. Babcock was in press box. Eight goals last night, maybe Babcock shouldn't be behind the bench....ever.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad