GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF Game 2, (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) LA Kings @7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It just shows how ineffective and invisible the forwards have been. If they go out on a whimper, all the blame will be on them not showing up.

Totally agree, though in game 2 I'd still argue it's more due to the missing d-men than other things.

Game 1, they should have came through, had the bounces.

Through two games they've had the opportunities. I don't know if guys are clutching sticks or what but Brown wouldn't have missed that wide open net in Game 1. Kopitar wouldn't have missed the net in the slot like OT Game 2.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Our neighbors down south keep drafting really solid players while we don't have much to go on.

Lombardi is still responsible for the position the team is in.

Our neighbors down south haven't won dick in a decade and are about to go down 0-2 to the Sharks. Granted, it's the Sharks so 0-2 doesn't mean much, but still...

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Yeah I loved on the feed how they were talking about it's just a strong hockey play watching Brown get totally mauled like that. THATS why McNabb felt like he could get away with anything when he plugged Kopitar.

Contrast that with Phaneuf riding Karlsson away from Quick and him exploding into a 2 minute penalty.

Props to the guys and the org for just going hard and not complaining one iota in contrast to the ****ing stormcloud of whining coming from Vegas after the Doughty hit, they're better, more composed men than me. But I'd be surprised if someone on our side doesn't take a fine at some point if that continues.

I mean it was but is that not the game we expected with our top 3 dmen out? I'm pretty sure the common near-consensus before the game was "hold on to your butts and hope Quick plays well and we fluke into a couple of lucky goals that win."

This was the game 1 version, you'll notice it's a ****load closer:

"Dominant" Where's the tossing off emoticon when I need it?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Look at the O-Zone possession time, the difference is only 6 minutes etc,

If you say, look, one team had 56 shots, and 46 scoring chances, the other had 30 shots and 15 scoring chances,

Would you not think the O-Zone time would be MUCH more drastic than it shows?

To me that just seems odd

That's like 15 more shifts in the o-zone, and 15 more shifts our AHL defence had to play.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Totally agree, though in game 2 I'd still argue it's more due to the missing d-men than other things.

Game 1, they should have came through, had the bounces.

Through two games they've had the opportunities. I don't know if guys are clutching sticks or what but Brown wouldn't have missed that wide open net in Game 1. Kopitar wouldn't have missed the net in the slot like OT Game 2.

Game two none of the d-men could get the breakout pass to the forwards to save their lives. Of the few times they made clean passes, the Kings got scoring chances.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If each shift was 24 seconds long, it's about 7.5-8 right around there....

That's not a HUGE difference given the HUGE difference in shots/scoring chances

But it was the extra zone time that lead to all the scoring chances. Just about every zone entry, they got a shot or a scoring chance. The Kings hardly got a shot off that wasn't blocked or just given back to Vegas.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It just shows how ineffective and invisible the forwards have been. If they go out on a whimper, all the blame will be on them not showing up.

Offense and transition gets generated from defense.

Yes, the forwards have been bad, but there are quite a few defensemen on the roster who have no business playing on a contending NHL team right now.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but I'm just pointing the source of the problem and how it can be corrected. They need to generate speed and offense in transition from their own zone, and stop letting the opposing forwards dance around them which makes the forwards need to collapse more.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
with doughty back lak can come back, regardless of muzzin playing or not. all they need is one win, not just bcs of scoreboard, but to taste it and feel good about it. it's now or never. just show your best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad