Welcome to our new home - Xenforo Practice Thread

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
"Oh hey, let's see if HFBoards is back up. Better open a new tab in my dark bedroom"

DEAR LORD MY EYES.

tumblr_inline_n7vufbSu1J1si74df.gif

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
My two big feedbacks:

1). Reiterating, because people seem to agree with me: Too bright. MY RETINAS! OWWWW!

2). I hate the location of the time stamp for posts. On this board, particularly in some threads, that can be critical. In 3 months, I don't want to look at the injury thread and say, "Crap, Krug's down AGAIN?!?!?!" Left is better IMHO, or maybe on top.

Reactions: 37Bergenov14

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Also, auto play on whatever Bruins video on frist page. Need to turn that off. Not sure if it's a board rule or a setting in chrome on my end.

We are aware of that glitch - Please understand we are swamped with bug reports.

I got to be honest - We are going to be in beta mode for a few days. On the Mod side we have a lot of buttons to learn

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
I don't mind the new look. But I thought the last one was pretty bad, seemed like someone with limited web development skills made it. As others have said, tis a bit bright. Maybe a heavier demarcation between posts for better visual navigation.

The interface with adding media is much improved. I do like the truncation of long quoted text. All in all, I think it is a much better experience.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My two big feedbacks:

1). Reiterating, because people seem to agree with me: Too bright. MY RETINAS! OWWWW!

2). I hate the location of the time stamp for posts. On this board, particularly in some threads, that can be critical. In 3 months, I don't want to look at the injury thread and say, "Crap, Krug's down AGAIN?!?!?!" Left is better IMHO, or maybe on top.

I hear you loud and clear and trust me everything will be tweaked but it is going to take some time.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
i find it really annoying that ads take up half of my phone screen.

Ads are a necessary evil as the owner of the board CraveOnline Media needs a source of revenue.

Keep in mind that Crave offers an option where if you pay $12 A YEAR you don't see any ads. That is $1 a month.

Your feedback is noted.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
We are aware of that glitch - Please understand we are swamped with bug reports.

I got to be honest - We are going to be in beta mode for a few days. On the Mod side we have a lot of buttons to learn

Oh I get it don't worry. Just glad that's a board setting and something that can be turned off.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Ads are a necessary evil as the owner of the board CraveOnline Media needs a source of revenue.

Keep in mind that Crave offers an option where if you pay $12 A YEAR you don't see any ads. That is $1 a month.

Your feedback is noted.
oh don't get me wrong, i fully understand. i don't mind ads, and would be more than okay with a permanent banner one on the bottom or top. it's the intrusive "take over" ads that grind my gears.

Reactions: 37Bergenov14

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
One thing that I have noticed is that the "Go to first unread message" option—either the blue button next to the threat title or in the thread itself—does not work. When I click on either, it does not take me to the first unread message. This is a real pain in the ass because I would have to waste time scrolling through messages to find the ones that are new.

And is there now no way to preview a message before posting?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
One thing that I have noticed is that the "Go to first unread message" option—either the blue button next to the threat title or in the thread itself—does not work. When I click on either, it does not take me to the first unread message. This is a real pain in the ass because I would have to waste time scrolling through messages to find the ones that are new.

And is there now no way to preview a message before posting?[/QUOTE]

There is a way but I will lobby to make it easier.

Right now you have to hit 'more options' and then preview appears. :facepalm:

All your concerns ( well reasonable ones ) I will advocate for you.

Reactions: hoss75

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Brighness, as many have already stated, is a bit disturbing.

I also concur with the need for more separation between posts. It sort of floats together a bit too much for my liking as is (on a computer right now).

Like the media possibilities. Not that I'm one to use/abuse them, but I like more embedded stuff than link-clicking that was the norm for audio clips and such.

Extra plus for the addition of more weird dancing crap. A banana was obviously not enough. :pickle::dumbo::bb:

Also, needs more cowbell

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad