Post-Game Talk (GBU): Welcome to Buffalo, Jack! [Mod Warning: Post #101]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Very happy with Eichel in Buffalo...

...and more importantly, I hope he is too.

Regarding McDavid, it could have been worse. The thought of Toronto, Philly or Boston winning the lottery gave me chills.

Looking forward to winning one of next year's top three and taking Mathews.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Jack the Lad.

Watched you all season... now we're comin for ya...

Win/win situation. Just so pissed off that Oilers won McD. Would have preferred any other team.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Jack the Lad.

Watched you all season... now we're comin for ya...

Win/win situation. Just so pissed off that Oilers won McD. Would have preferred any other team.

I think its the best situation...

I stopped sweating once I saw Toronto wasnt going to win.

He'll be in the west under ****** management .... That's gold.

Hipcheck13

Jul 26, 2014
NY
I thought everyone was hyped for Toronto to win? Now I see people saying "Thank god Toronto didn't get him." :laugh:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013

Interesting.

I could almost see the kid taking an extra year before signing pro. Get more edified, be that much more physically developed, and negate starting his career with day-to-day McDavid comparisons (there will always be that of course, with the level of quality and same draft year, but possibly a bit less of a direct comparison every time each steps on the ice?). Just pondering aloud.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
why would he delay getting paid?

once the dust settles, he gets off campus and into draft/NHL mode...i think his choice will be pretty easy.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

My top choices other than us were a Western Conference team outside of #4 to knock the Maple Leafs down to #5 and Arizona.

McDavid IMO is a better prospect than Eichel by a decent margin but it's not a margin big enough to translate to anything huge in the NHL. Maybe 10 points in their primes. Nothing substantial and nothing that can cover up Edmonton's terrible drafting and team building.

I fully expect that in 2020 all 12 of Edmonton's forwards will have been taken in the top 3 of the draft.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
why would he delay getting paid?

once the dust settles, he gets off campus and into draft/NHL mode...i think his choice will be pretty easy.

He probably will be. But right now he is not far removed from a run to the national championship game. Is still in school with his buddies. I'm sure once Murray and the Pegula's talk to him he will go pro.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I'm watching Eichel's WJC this year, good god he's so talented, I am MORE than thrilled with him. His skating is just amazing.

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
I don't think he's lying.

It's just the position he is in right now. All his influences that are around him will tell him to stay. Once the team that drafts him gets to flash the briefcases of green paper he'll turn pro.

Fixed that for ya. :D

Hipcheck13

Jul 26, 2014
NY
Playing with NHL players in a few weeks, along with the money will make him want to sign right away.

Also does the gap between Connor and Jack shrink a little now that he is in Edmonton? Not stat wise, but overall career?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

TBH I wanted him in TO. WOuld have made a great rivalry.. & maybe finally make me hate them.

Just the Oilers have so many high pick... **** management...feel bad for McJ at this point.

BUt focus on the positive. Eich in Buffalo is so good. He is the guy I've longed for this year, imagined the Sabres drafting him. McDavid was always out of reach. Sabres fans should be rejoicing over Eichel & I wish I were there with you when he gets drafed.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
He would be a fool not to keep his options open.

Interesting.

I could almost see the kid taking an extra year before signing pro. Get more edified, be that much more physically developed, and negate starting his career with day-to-day McDavid comparisons (there will always be that of course, with the level of quality and same draft year, but possibly a bit less of a direct comparison every time each steps on the ice?). Just pondering aloud.
He's playing for USA at the Worlds, so that'll tell everyone where's he at right now when compared to pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad