Post-Game Talk: Welcome to 1984

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Now we just have to wait for all the fake reasons that the Oilers beat the Rangers and this wasn't a legit tough win vs a "good" NHL team.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
That's a 6-1 trouncing without all those stupid mistakes on 2 on 1s

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
giphy (26).gif

Sweet victory woooo

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Very good game from the entire team pretty much.

Smith with absolutely stellar goaltending. Nice to see him bounce back like that.

Nurse with one of the best and mistake-free games I've seen him play.

Bear solid once again. Love his puck-moving ability.

Klefbom was partially to blame on that 1st goal but redeemed himself by scoring a goal.

Persson solid. Definitely looks to be a player there. Starting to show that he belongs in the top4 and I predict we'll see more offense out of him as he gets more and more comfortable.

Russell and Benning did about as much as you can realistically expect from your 3rd pairing. Good game from them.

McDavid, Drai and Kassian. What a line. Even when they aren't firing on all cylinders they still make it work and finds a way to be difference-makers. Impressive.

Khaira, Sheahan line is still very solid. Khaira is playing really well.

Nygård had some nice moments.

Overall, love how much better defensively this Oilers team is. Tippett has them playing the best 200 feet hockey I think I've ever seen them play. Feels good to have a coach who knows what he's doing. I have no gripes about any of his personnel decisions thus far either.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Well I still think that was Kassian's goal but at least Bear got his first assist on the play.

What are you supposed to do when your team starts this well? Do I...do I bake a cake?....or buy a new appliance, no wait two appliances, right?....Shit, I just don't want to mess this up, I might not get another chance til I'm in my 70's....
Go Streaking!!! Boom, nailed it!

Reactions: Tremor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad