Player Discussion Welcome Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Yup, you can certainly see why he'd say Weber's better after scoring on that play.... :laugh: Can't blame him for this.
I am not defending Subban but that fumble with the puck that Weber did in the second or third goal in the seventh game against SJS was really bad.:shakehead

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I am not defending Subban but that fumble with the puck that Weber did in the second or third goal in the seventh game against SJS was really bad.:shakehead

I am not defending Weber but you can't easily find turnover like that by Weber.

Could easily find a couple mmore from PK tho :shakehead:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I am not defending Weber but you can't easily find turnover like that by Weber.

Could easily find a couple mmore from PK tho :shakehead:

How often does Webber carry the puck compared to Subban? Karlsson has tons of turnovers....why? He carries the puck. Webber simply does not do this.

At least you will get a chance to actually watch him play this year. Webber plays a different game, you may like it, but not comparable to PK's.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Everyone makes mistakes. Not all mistakes are equal though.

Weber isn't going to cost the team the game because he decided he'd rather do a spin-o-ramma than passing the puck to an open man.

he won't tie a game in the last seconds with a risky play either though.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
that"s all his new fans talk about, that's the only thing he can do offensively it seems.

No. That is actually only what his detractors talks about. Saying that it is his only offensive tools. Picturing him like Dan Girardi or Douglas Murray with a slapshot.

So, first of all, he doesn't have a big slap shot.

He has a 108MPH slap shot. That's 15 more MPH than Subban. And you remember how PK shot was hard right?? That's close to 20% harder.

That's a monstruous slap shot and probably the biggest slapper in history with Chara. Y defonce des nets osti.

He also has flair in the o-zone to free himself for a slapshot. Another very interesting part of his game is that he kills a lot of the play at the opposite blue line, thus keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

His positioning on the ice is also impeccable.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
No.

He doesn't have a big slap shot.

He has a 108MPH slap shot.

That's a monstruous slap shot and probably the biggest slapper in history. Y defonce des nets osti.

He also has flair in the o-zone to free himself for a slapshot. Another very interesting part of his game is that he kills a lot of the play at the opposite blue line, thus keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

no worries, I remember it from the other 1000's times you said this.

Soon2B25

Jul 2, 2016
No.

He doesn't have a big slap shot.

He has a 108MPH slap shot.

That's a monstruous slap shot and probably the biggest slapper in history. Y defonce des nets osti.

100% True.
Those of us who have seen him often enough have seen him move fluidly across the blue line and then take one or two strides into the offensive zone, stepping into a shot from just above the face-off circle.
Weber has a very accurate shot as well.
Some may remember the Olympics when he put a shot THROUGH the net.
He has done that very routinely in practice.
Also has put holes in the boards, that is the power of his shot.

Good point about his positioning, he knows where to be in all zones, according to the situation.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Almost forgot about the double spin-o-rama against the Jets. Completely useless showboating I won't miss. He has the ability to excite and create out of nothing but with that comes a lot of brain cramps.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don't remember PK doing that either. Not off the top of my head anyways.

He did it in 2011 in the playoffs, game 7 to tie the Bruins. That goal over 5 years ago lives in a lot of fans minds like it was yesterday.

It wasn't a fancy play, it was a slapshot, but thats what I can remember. Also the slapshot in 2OT against the bruins in 2014.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
He did it in 2011 in the playoffs, game 7 to tie the Bruins. That goal over 5 years ago lives in a lot of fans minds like it was yesterday.

It wasn't a fancy play, it was a slapshot, but thats what I can remember. Also the slapshot in 2OT against the bruins in 2014.

But certainly not a high risk play. Definitely something Weber can easily replicate.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

That's my memory too. Slapshot from the point -- the exact type of shot he became known for and unfortunately became repetitive and predictable.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I don't remember PK doing that either. Not off the top of my head anyways.

But certainly not a high risk play. Definitely something Weber can easily replicate.

Here we go, PK is traded and now people here suddenly start losing their memory in attempt to prop up Weber...

2 seconds left in OT, instead of doing what everyone -including the opposing team- expected him to do and go with the safer shot, he sets up DD for a wide-open net.

2:00 left to the period, 4on4, fakes it, goes around the net and sets up Gally for the go ahead goal.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Fans also probably remember plays like this: (1-1 game at the time)

But for every one of those plays that worked out there are literally 10-15 that don't.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Here we go, PK is traded and now people here suddenly start losing their memory to prop up Weber...

2 seconds left in OT, instead of doing what everyone -including the opposing team- expected him to do and go with the safer shot, he sets up DD for a wide-open net.

2:00 left to the period, 4on4, fakes it, goes around the net and sets up Gally for the go ahead goal.

The goal we were discussing was in the 2011 playoffs against Boston. Memories are clear.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
The goal we were discussing was in the 2011 playoffs against Boston. Memories are clear.

Apparently not. If you read my quotes first, you'd seen I wasn't replying to your post.

It was to the poster saying Subban didn't tie games with a high risk play in the dying seconds.

Last edited:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Apparently not. If you read my quotes first, you'd seen I wasn't replying to your post.

It was to the poster saying Subban didn't tie games with a high risk play in the dying seconds.

The second goal was beautiful and not something we would expect to see from Weber. But this was not in the dying seconds to tie a game. The first goal....definitely a last second goal. Nice play from PK but I fail to see where the risk was. Once again I don't think that play was something Weber can't pull off.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
The second goal was beautiful and not something we would expect to see from Weber. But this was not in the dying seconds to tie a game. The first goal....definitely a last second goal. Nice play from PK but I fail to see where the risk was. Once again I don't think that play was something Weber can't pull off.

C'mon, you're just being deliberately obtuse now. They're high risk plays in the last seconds resulting in an important goal.

Goal vs TB. It's 4on4 with only 2 mins left, if he scores that's a huge blow for TB to give up a goal at the end of a period. Coming in with the lead in the third period was big for us.

Tying goal vs Sens. Lol how is that not a risk? If he misses that pass and they lose, everyone blames him for not taking the much safer(albeit predictable)shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad