Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They'd be in a much better spot if he did come home

Yeah well that's not happening.

One telling thing about Seguin is I have never heard a Bruins player criticize that trade. Boychuk was another story.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No but he didn't want to leave here so I cut him some slack.

Before the pre game skate one of the B's always comes out with his shorts and sweatshirt on to stretch out on the bench. Last year it was Dougie....This year it is Colin Miller....When Seggy was here he was the one. No jersey... so often some fans don't know who the player is....

The last year Tyler was here one of the girls holding a "Marry Me Seguin" sign said "Who is that?" .....I said "It's your future husband" :laugh:

Girls would ask us to pass Seggy notes as he went by . :laugh:

Tyler seemed to get along well with the B's. I have nothing against him. He should have been made to live with someone as he had too much $$$ too soon with no guidance.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
No hard feelings against Segs. We don't beat Tampa without him and we don't get the cup. He didn't want to leave - he'd just bought a house here and we all know his July 4th reaction. That trade will forever be a black spot in Bruins history and will haunt us for many years to come. I love watching Seguin and wish him all the best. He will win the Art Ross very soon.

All that being said, what's done is done. We have Loui and Morrow (and Hayes) who all look great. No compaints about any of the 3 and Loui is having a great start. Obviously I'd rather have Segs but let's look ahead to beating that little punk!

My prediction: 5-3 Bruins. Marchand shorty, Krejci with 2, Morrow and Loui :). Rask stands on his head a bit to keep Segs off the scoreboard and get the win.

(I'm actually going to miss the game as I'm traveling so give me a good recap when I get back).

Let's go boys!!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Would Taylor Hall still be here ? Would the Bruins have won the cup in 2013 with Hall instead of Seguin? Would they have won in 2011 without seguin in the Tampa games? Fun to think about

I have zero will against seguin. He wanted to be here and just had a different attitude than many here, it's the Bruins organization that drafted him. That's why I like sweeney and co's new philosophy on drafting (kirk did a great analysis of this, they've been grabbing guys that are/were leaders or captains on their team and 200 foot players) to me a lot of hockey is mental, Dougie is soft mentally and im glad he's gone, I think Seguin has gotten better in that department and wish he was still here. It still remains to be seen if he'll ever be the player he is in the regular season when the games really matter, but in general I like Seguin.

That all said, I hope we shut out Dallas tomorrow night and put up a 6 pack

Taylor is a die hard bruin fan with connections to Orr (his agent). My take is he would have been a very good fit for the bruins.

7bostonhockey*

I don't see the need to hate on him other than winning the game on hand. Win it by 10 goals I'd prefer.

Won a cup....check
Contributed to winning cup...check
Wanted to be here....check
After all the abuse after the trade and till this day, SEGUIN is the one who took the high road. Let that sink in.

BigBadBruins63*

Will the "Marry me Seguin" girls show up?

Unfortunately. I went to the DAL game last year. Talk about annoying. These girls aren't fans of the Bruins, and it's sad. Stay home, and let a fan who wants to actually go to the game see the team. Hockey isn't for fan girls.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
I don't see the need to hate on him other than winning the game on hand. Win it by 10 goals I'd prefer.

Won a cup....check
After all the abuse after the trade and till this day, SEGUIN is the one who took the high road. Let that sink in.

Cup-check? Check

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Won a cup....check

And then fans of him and this team "abused" the players who got here in return. I think that's where most if not all the ill will comes from, not against him personally. I'd rather we do well coming out of that trade. And his (alleged?) off-ice behaviour doesn't make it harder to root for that (as if we'd need a reason to root for our team and the players on it, right? Crazy world :laugh:)

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Won a cup....check

I'm sure there are valid reasons for trading Seguin in which fans will never know. So be it, go Bruins!:nod:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Won a cup....check

Abuse?

:laugh:

Yeah he's a regular ****ing saint.

Thanks for the laughs though.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I have never in my life seen a fanbase so goddamn obsessed with former players

Geez us

Let it go

7bostonhockey*

And then fans of him and this team "abused" the players who got here in return. I think that's where most if not all the ill will comes from, not against him personally. I'd rather we do well cozming out of that trade. And his (alleged?) off-ice behaviour doesn't make it harder to root for that (as if we'd need a reason to root for our team and the players on it, right? Crazy world :laugh:)

Or we could spend all day *****ing and moaning trying to get the coach fired.

It's all relative. I'm sure. Lol

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Actual abuse. Yes

When you start talking about his little sister and parents you crossed the line.

Careful there cowboy.
Where did I ever say anything about his sister ?

When you make false allegations against me, youve crossed the line.

I await your response and proof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad