Pre-Game Talk: Welcome home Mr. Seguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
89883454e5d1f679a007fca70cfea42a.jpg

Return of Mr Seguin.

Do the Bruins keep up their streak, does Rask do well against 2 of the best snipers in the league, can Krejci start a new points streak, we shall all see tomorrow.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
89883454e5d1f679a007fca70cfea42a.jpg

Return of Mr Seguin.

Do the Bruins keep up their streak, does Rask do well against 2 of the best snipers in the league, can Krejci start a new points streak, we shall all see tomorrow.

Yes to all of the above. Chara will shut down Tyler.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Talk about a solid test for our defense. This Dallas team can put the puck away. As much as I think we see a shootout in this one, I'd like to see the Bruins slow down Dallas defensively.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Butt cleft on both chin and nose, never noticed that before :p:
Let's rock him (cleanly) and shut him out. Get Loui a couple of goals for good measure, he seems to play Finnish goalies well usually (limited sample).

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Would be amusing to see Rinaldo give him a good (clean) open ice hit followed by a Morrow snipe.:D

Aside that thought, I'm not getting my hopes up that high on 2 points.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I've got nothing against Dougie, he liked it here and appreciates the defensive game he was taught. That being said I want us to destroy the Stars. I don't think we have seen the best of this team yet, and would like to see a strong performance against the Stars.

I was very skeptical of the D this year but to date they have been no worse than last year's, and I think they will be much better very quickly. Morrow has been a great addition and has performed beyond my expectations and C. Miller has as well. I think C. Miller will look dangerous next to Chara very quickly. Krug has also grown exactly as he was supposed to. I think losing Hamilton and getting C. Miller is a plus for us, especially in the dressing room.

I would love to see Trotman get a game over K. Miller as I think he has a higher potential, and is closer to it than he is given credit for. But if an injured, uninterested, slower team was able to get 96 points I think this team can be a lot more dangerous. Julien can certainly teach D which is what this team is lacking and for once he has a dressing room of all open ears.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've got nothing against Dougie, he liked it here and appreciates the defensive game he was taught. That being said I want us to destroy the Stars. I don't think we have seen the best of this team yet, and would like to see a strong performance against the Stars.

I was very skeptical of the D this year but to date they have been no worse than last year's, and I think they will be much better very quickly. Morrow has been a great addition and has performed beyond my expectations and C. Miller has as well. I think C. Miller will look dangerous next to Chara very quickly. Krug has also grown exactly as he was supposed to. I think losing Hamilton and getting C. Miller is a plus for us, especially in the dressing room.

I would love to see Trotman get a game over K. Miller as I think he has a higher potential, and is closer to it than he is given credit for. But if an injured, uninterested, slower team was able to get 96 points I think this team can be a lot more dangerous. Julien can certainly teach D which is what this team is lacking and for once he has a dressing room of all open ears.

Did you mean Tyler ? I have nothing against him either. He was fun to watch and seemed to get along well with his teammates.

I have nothing against Dougie either;)..He did not want to play here...He is gone

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Did you mean Tyler ? I have nothing against him either. He was fun to watch and seemed to get along well with his teammates.

I have nothing against Dougie either;)..He did not want to play here...He is gone

Yes I did, I'm less pleased with Dougie but he is gone now and it is what it is.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Sorry Vanisle but this thread title sucks...

I certainly don't welcome him...He was not born here and no longer lives here, so this is not his home...and personaly I don't think he has earned the respect of the Mister title...

It will be interesting to see how he does in game 2 in 2 against a rested Chara...

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Dam you Oilers we almost had Taylor!!!:rant:

Would Taylor Hall still be here ? Would the Bruins have won the cup in 2013 with Hall instead of Seguin? Would they have won in 2011 without seguin in the Tampa games? Fun to think about

I have zero will against seguin. He wanted to be here and just had a different attitude than many here, it's the Bruins organization that drafted him. That's why I like sweeney and co's new philosophy on drafting (kirk did a great analysis of this, they've been grabbing guys that are/were leaders or captains on their team and 200 foot players) to me a lot of hockey is mental, Dougie is soft mentally and im glad he's gone, I think Seguin has gotten better in that department and wish he was still here. It still remains to be seen if he'll ever be the player he is in the regular season when the games really matter, but in general I like Seguin.

That all said, I hope we shut out Dallas tomorrow night and put up a 6 pack

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I like Dallas, and they are the closest team to me geographically. But tomorrow night, I root against them. ;)

So will Seguin have some affection for Marchy for getting Kulikov?

I don't hold anything against Seguin. I look at the trade as mistake made by a former GM, whose firing was partially brought on by ill-advised trades such as that one.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I wish he was still a Bruin. This guy is a true sniper and we don't beat Tampa in 2011 without him. This game should be fun to watch.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
And BTW he looks like the @$$hat I'm trying to get evicted. If he had a goatee he'd be the @$$hat's twin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad