GDT: [Welcome Home Jarome] December 10th - Bruins @ Flames [7:30pm on TSN]

JulianHopper*

#12 The Captain Jarome Iginla

Welcome back Jarome Iginla.

You should have never been traded and this Flames team sorely misses you.

One of the best players in NHL history and an eternal Flame.

I hope he gets a Gordie Howe hat trick.

I'll still be cheering for the Flames though.

Flames win 4-2.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
1297502137441_ORIGINAL.jpg

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I'm so unbelievably pissed off. One of my friends got me a ticket for the game, and I had put in for the day off work, but the manager I dealt with on that forgot to actually file the request, and so I was scheduled. I can't find anyone to take the shift, and have been notified it will be entirely unacceptable to not show up for the shift, since they'd know why I missed it.

Literally raging here

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
comments from tmurfin, Chris Butler and FF12 have been added, thanks guys

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Hey Flames fans...wandered over from the Bruin board.

Absolute stand-up GDT. Simply excellent. No lie, it gave me goosebumps. Such a fitting tribute for a man I know was highly revered, respected, and loved in your city for many years.

I have to admit....I was jilted when Jarome chose Pittsburgh. I always thought he'd make the perfect Bruin and like when the girl you dig throughout high school turns you down and dates the other team's starting quarterback, I was angry. Then he came to Boston and within two games he made me forget it all. That slick one-timer from the top of the circle, his bulldog attitude, and *******, that infectious smile when interacting with his teammates on the ice. No, he's not scoring quite yet like he did in CGY (and I didn't expect it, what with the Bruins system), but I'm a firm believer that there's more to a hockey player than what shows up on the scoresheet, and he embodies that. I can 100% see why you all love him.

So yeah, like I said in my GDT....thanks folks. We'll take good care of him. If the Bruins bring that Cup home at the end of the season and I get to watch him raise it over his head, I'll be thanking you all again.

Good luck tonight. Enjoy the game.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Nice GDT guys!!!

Have relatives who live in Calgary been there a few times... beautiful city and great people.

Honest to God, was blown away how nice you guys are... I am from Ontario, we drive on the road like maniacs, I remember being in Calgary waiting to cross the road and some car just literally stopped infront of me (no stop sign or anything) to let me go by... blown away. Never happen in Ontario...lol

I also love how you guys have little community rinks and such... obviosly the weather is more co-operative there in Alberta, but still... it was awesome waking up picking up my skates, go for a 1-2mins walk and be on the ice ready to play puck.

Anyways, love the GDT, don't worry we been treating Iggy great... I was hard on him with the pittsburgh debacle last year... but I take it all back. He has been all that was advertised.

Good luck and no injuries/suspensions tonight!! (for either squad)

Last edited:

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Great GDT, a real tribute to Iggy!

Sadly, I won't be able to watch the game since it's in the middle of the night where I live and I have an important term presentation in the morning :(

But I'll probably watch it anyways...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Berra won last, that's all Hart's cares about.

Whether or not we agree, the Flames organization (according to Steinberg) believes that Berra has much better tools and a higher ceiling. What pisses me off is that Hartley acknowledged that the only way to evaluate these guys as starters is to give them 7, 8, 9 games in a row, and then shows that he isn't willing to evaluate Ramo in such a way. But anyway, I hope Berra does well tonight. Go Flames!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hey Flames fans...wandered over from the Bruin board.

Absolute stand-up GDT. Simply excellent. No lie, it gave me goosebumps. Such a fitting tribute for a man I know was highly revered, respected, and loved in your city for many years.

I have to admit....I was jilted when Jarome chose Pittsburgh. I always thought he'd make the perfect Bruin and like when the girl you dig throughout high school turns you down and dates the other team's starting quarterback, I was angry. Then he came to Boston and within two games he made me forget it all. That slick one-timer from the top of the circle, his bulldog attitude, and *******, that infectious smile when interacting with his teammates on the ice. No, he's not scoring quite yet like he did in CGY (and I didn't expect it, what with the Bruins system), but I'm a firm believer that there's more to a hockey player than what shows up on the scoresheet, and he embodies that. I can 100% see why you all love him.

So yeah, like I said in my GDT....thanks folks. We'll take good care of him. If the Bruins bring that Cup home at the end of the season and I get to watch him raise it over his head, I'll be thanking you all again.

Good luck tonight. Enjoy the game.

What a classy post!

Guys, great, great GDT! This is probably the best one I can remember ever being made. I'm even gonna skip watching the Victoria Secret fashion show to watch the game tonight! :laugh:

I wish Iggy and the Bruins all the best, and I'd love for nothing than to see my all time favourite Flame raise the Cup at the end of the year.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I won't forget what a class act Iggy is. Easily my favorite non game moment was when he dragged his teammates out to shake Linden's hand in his last game. He will always be my favorite player.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I won't forget what a class act Iggy is. Easily my favorite non game moment was when he dragged his teammates out to shake Linden's hand in his last game. He will always be my favorite player.

This was one of my favourite moments of him to and something I will never forget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad