Player Discussion Welcome Gustav Lindström

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Who General Mark R Naird GIF - Who General Mark R Naird Steve Carell GIFs

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Seems like a tweener type player. Guess he'll have a chance to play with our inevitable injuries woes.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
He's only there because he's a natural RD. Maybe he's got very good skating, as Kulak was surprisingly fast and fluid on his skates.

Reactions: Wats

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site

SCOUTING REPORT
Plays with poise in his own zone and does not get rattled when the pressure is on. Moves the puck well but does not have the offensive game to play elite minutes. Owns a good point shot but lacks the skills to be a power-play quarterback. Needs to add strength to his 6'2" frame to maximize output as an effective shutdown defenseman and to compensate for his lack of offensive skills.

Long Range Potential: Rangy defenseman with some upside

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
What I do like is having stop gap guys to allow our guys to develop in Laval. Nothing wrong with letting Xhekaj or Barron get a bit more seasoning.

I hope we take the same attitude with our forwards. Especially Slaf. I hope we give Ylonen an opportunity.
Exact. Barron will need to compete to be on the team on the first night.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: beowulf and the

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The Wings have watched him for 6 years and didn't qualify him in June so he was a ufa. They did re-sign him. Sounds like Gustav Olofsson who the Habs had in minors for a while.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The Wings have watched him for 6 years and didn't qualify him in June so he was a ufa. They did re-sign him. Sounds like Gustav Olofsson who the Habs had in minors for a while.
Good comparison. Who knows though since Gustav forsling was a nothing player at pretty much every level and developed into a 40 point dman at 27 without ever showing significant offense at any other level including juniors.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hughes said the pro people in Montreal like him..they think there can be
upside...in their opinion he's still young and at about 70 percent of his
potential ....called him a puck mover D.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I think he gets waived. According to Detroit fans, they were shocked Yzerman even re-signed him and had him pegged to return to Sweden.
That would be my guess too. Maybe he beats out Kovacevic in camp to nab a spot, but it seemed like the coaching staff liked and trusted Kovacevic a lot so it will be tough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad