Welcome DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No. I'm become worried about his ability to be calm while still fast with the puck. It is an innate thing. His finishing despite today is not looking too good.

But I am far from sure as I remember watching Lafleur struggle for 3 years too.

Bring in Kovalev to work with him on his one on one play, hell why not bring back Kovy as a pp coach while were at it.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
tumblr_nlscanaO7E1uos61ho5_500.gif

That's the great thing about GIfs, you do something once, and it repeats again and again.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Bring in Kovalev to work with him on his one on one play, hell why not bring back Kovy as a pp coach while were at it.

Hard to coach what I am talking about. It's like the game slows down while you are still moving fast. I think confidence will help Chucky a lot with this.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
and thats why we traded sekac? The kid from another continent? Regardless of how Sekac turns out this was a horrible trade. You don't toss something out before you even know what you have. I suspected the trade was demanded and still do

Since I'm not MB I can't say why we traded Sekac, perhaps there were issues that the public isn't privy to. It's stupid to say regardless how Sekac turns out it was a horrible trade, since that's the whole point of it all, is how it turns out for us and them.

I just don't get why so many seem so upset about the trade, some are taking it very personal, like MB just traded their best friend.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'd like to see DSP play with Pacioretty and Desharnais to see how that works out.

And of course Parenteau could be a healthy scratch.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hope fatso watched, and learned, last night. Unless he has the same character disease as Rene Bourque, missing a few games should remind him of what it takes to stick with an NHL team.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'd like to see DSP play with Pacioretty and Desharnais to see how that works out.

And of course Parenteau could be a healthy scratch.

And you think that's going to make DSP a better hockey player? I doubt it, the guys' tools are simply not the sharpest in the shed.

But, it could always help to have a grinder on the first line right? After all it worked with Weise :sarcasm:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
And you think that's going to make DSP a better hockey player? I doubt it, the guys' tools are simply not the sharpest in the shed.

But, it could always help to have a grinder on the first line right? After all it worked with Weise :sarcasm:

I would wait and see who we get in the playoffs first to see what the lines should be but if we play boston it might not be a bad idea to put DSP with DD to try and create space for him. I guess it depends on how much faith you have in PAP being able to produce, if we were to play a quick team or a smaller team then PAP makes more sense.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I would wait and see who we get in the playoffs first to see what the lines should be but if we play boston it might not be a bad idea to put DSP with DD to try and create space for him. I guess it depends on how much faith you have in PAP being able to produce, if we were to play a quick team or a smaller team then PAP makes more sense.

DD & Patches have had success with right wingers that were quick, Gallagher & Weise. I don't see how DSP is going to create space that they can not already create themselves. He may be told to stand in front of the net, but so far he's demonstrated his skills at doing so are abysmal. I'm not sure what kind of team they'll face in the playoffs is going to make difference here. The guy's skating is just too problematic.

Plus, if it had been MT's intent to try this combination, we would have already seen it a couple of times. Don't remember that...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
DD & Patches have had success with right wingers that were quick, Gallagher & Weise. I don't see how DSP is going to create space that they can not already create themselves. He may be told to stand in front of the net, but so far he's demonstrated his skills at doing so are abysmal. I'm not sure what kind of team they'll face in the playoffs is going to make difference here. The guy's skating is just too problematic.

Plus, if it had been MT's intent to try this combination, we would have already seen it a couple of times. Don't remember that...

the playoffs are a different beast though, so for me I would wait and see who we are facing first. I don't think his skating is that problematic, it's more about his lack of speed which is another reason why I would wait and see who we face as again if it's boston then i'm ok with his lack of speed but say the wings then i'm not.

LaTenderness*

If we're talking those lil steamed hot dogs I'll take the over

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Funny how that people said Jagr wouldn't be a good fit for the Canadiens because he's too slow then we have people still defending DSP saying he is a great fit for this team.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Confused at the rationale behind those who think that Sekac demanded a trade. He's a rookie and a support player. Exactly what power does he have to control MB's hand? Especially to a good team/great city like Anaheim?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Funny how that people said Jagr wouldn't be a good fit for the Canadiens because he's too slow then we have people still defending DSP saying he is a great fit for this team.

Well, this all based on 12 playoffs game, played mostly with Getzlaf and Perry (+ Selanne on the PP).

Somehow, I don't think it will turn out that well this year...

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Don't know if those are the same people, but if so, it's mind boggling.

Jagr skillset is just great, even at 43, something DSP doesn't possess, nor will most probably in the future, perhaps except puck protection, but even then, Jagr is just phenomenal in that sense.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Confused at the rationale behind those who think that Sekac demanded a trade. He's a rookie and a support player. Exactly what power does he have to control MB's hand? Especially to a good team/great city like Anaheim?

He wasn't happy with his placement on the bottom 6. He said it publicly.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
When it's playoffs...I want Weise and DSP in our top 9.
(playoff warriors).

DD...Parenteau...in our top 9 is the problem.
(playoff warriors???????????????!!!!).

But since DD is there as C...try DSP (or Weise) there for a few games, or else DD and Pacioretty will get eaten alive in the VERY GRITTY playoffs. Weise or DSP to the rescue. If not...try Parenteau again with DD, but...for playoffs that could be a weak line (I could be wrong).

Parenteau:
not sure about him for playoffs (when the tough/gritty get going). Not sure Parenteau will get going. I want to be wrong.

PLAYOFFS (if up to me)
Galchenyuk - Pleks - Gallagher
Pacioretty - DD - DSP/Weise
DLR - Eller - Weise/DSP
Prust-Mitchell-Flynn/Parenteau
Malhotra

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

You really have to hope that they are not the same people. The slow Jagr made a couple of Habs look stupid lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad