Welcome DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
God damn, i'm so happy!! We dreamed for so long for a player with his upside.

Pretty sure he'll reach that upside 'cause he's the perfect fit on our team!

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Very welcome! Guy looks like he could run through walls if you made him angry enough. Something we definitely need in our bottom six.

Prospector

Aug 28, 2004
Sad to see Sekac go but I really like DSP and I look forward to his unique blend of size grit and skills

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Welcome DSP

af50b5b8be41224ba69ac33668741d28.jpg

- GSP

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
DSP is A BEAST. A freakin' TANK!!

I remember first seeing him in the world juniors against my Team Finland, and he just obliterated our entire defence with his forecheck. If he finds his beast mode in Montreal, he will become a very important piece in the puzzle, especially come playoff time.

His value was low, so this was a perfect time to obtain him. He is still very young at 22 years of age and these powerforward types take longer to develop. I think he will be loved in Montreal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
would have liked to see him play tonight, oh well. Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens DSP!

since I don't have anything more to add, DSP was picked just 2 spots after Thomas in the 2010 draft. We didn't have any 2nd rounders (or 3rd) that year after moving up to get Tinordi, but now we have the 40th and 42nd overall picks.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Well I always wanted the habs to go after Simmonds. This might just be a poor mans version of him. I watched him play a few times. The games I saw he was playing with getzlaf. Don't know how its going to turn out for him with us. Here is to hoping for the best.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
would have liked to see him play tonight, oh well. Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens DSP!

since I don't have anything more to add, DSP was picked just 2 spots after Thomas in the 2010 draft. We didn't have any 2nd rounders (or 3rd) that year after moving up to get Tinordi, but now we have the 40th and 42nd overall picks.

is it confirmed that he won't

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Good point. Bergevin is a sneaky fellow.

Welcome aboard, DSP. :handclap:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
DSP is A BEAST. A freakin' TANK!!

I remember first seeing him in the world juniors against my Team Finland, and he just obliterated our entire defence with his forecheck. If he finds his beast mode in Montreal, he will become a very important piece in the puzzle, especially come playoff time.

His value was low, so this was a perfect time to obtain him. He is still very young at 22 years of age and these powerforward types take longer to develop. I think he will be loved in Montreal.

People like to point out Simmonds as a comparative, and I sure hope he reaches that kind of potential. As I've said regarding Simmonds lately, these kind of players cost too much to acquire once established in the NHL as they are a rare breed.

But for the Simmonds upside, there's the Rene Bourque/Chris Stewart downside... We'll see which one it is. I must say Ducks fans coming in and saying he can be somewhat lazy worries me. That's not the distinctive trait of a guy like Simmonds, but it defines perfectly guys like Bourque and Stewart.

Analyzer*

I read it somewhere that said he won't play tonight but perhaps it's not official yet?

It's official. He won't meet the team until tomorrow in Columbus.

Guy hits and goes to the net. I imagine he'll be told to stop that, or he'll become a healthy scratch after 7 games.

'e too physical. e make dd look soff.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
5 goals in 12 games in the playoffs. No assists. Nearly half of his points come from one of the most dynamic duos in the league. And we're counting on him to be a ****ing playoff hero?

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
5 goals in 12 games in the playoffs. No assists. Nearly half of his points come from one of the most dynamic duos in the league. And we're counting on him to be a ****ing playoff hero?
You obviously didn't watch any of their games, did you?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You obviously didn't watch any of their games, did you?
Indeed I did not.

It means that despite impressing on video, he failed to be a dominant force on the statsheet and piggybacked off two of the world's best players. He's going to be unskilled physical version of DD who just happens to be black like Wayne Simmonds.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement

He isn't out of place on a top line.

Hint : He's a RW...

Second hint : We have a scrub RW on our top 6...

PROFIT !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad