OT: WELCOME 2024

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Apparently some people who go to Times Square for NYE wear diapers because there's a lack of facilities available.

Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound fun to me.

I will enjoy that time sleeping in my nice cozy bed in my nice cozy apartment. No crowds. No drunks. No diapers.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Apparently some people who go to Times Square for NYE wear diapers because there's a lack of facilities available.

Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound fun to me.

I will enjoy that time sleeping in my nice cozy bed in my nice cozy apartment. No crowds. No drunks. No diapers.
My brother went once.... said he wore a long coat and whizzed right there.... said everyone was doing it and it was splashing on people shoes and no one cared..... blech

Reactions: GordonHowe

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Went to a friends house to watch the Pats outside today. Quite the set up - tv, sound, canopy, fire, heat lamps, many crockpots.

But this. This? Is where it’s at for New Year’s Eve.

IMG_7520.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Time to open my favorite wine and watch the game. I plan to be asleep before midnight.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Man the music on Dick Clark’s Rockin Eve just isn’t what it used to be ,watched more of the Nashville Country show ,couldn’t even find a Canadian celebration on TV.

Reactions: BMC

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
2023 had some challenges, personally. I expect 2024 to be the same, so I'm holding my breath that I'll be able to handle them.

It wasn't a big issue, but 2023 saw reading glasses become more the norm for me.

I held out for as long as I could, but I now use them when reading music. It's weird because they help me read the notes, but they hinder my peripheral vision.

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to sort that out.

So Happy New Year everyone!

Here's a short Miles Davis tune I read through with my glasses; though I had it mostly memorized when I played it in my backyard, so I didn't need them. ;)

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
2023 had some challenges, personally. I expect 2024 to be the same, so I'm holding my breath that I'll be able to handle them.

It wasn't a big issue, but 2023 saw reading glasses become more the norm for me.

I held out for as long as I could, but I now use them when reading music. It's weird because they help me read the notes, but they hinder my peripheral vision.

Here's a short Miles Davis tune I read through with my glasses; though I had it mostly memorized when I played it in my backyard, so I didn't need them. ;)

Lovely axe. Feel free to keep posting as many of these guitar vids as you like - always enjoy listening to them! 'Really Like To Meet Her' on your YouTube is a great track.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Love this. Happy New Year!

• Love
Reactions: Aeroforce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad