Pre-Game Talk: Weekly Thread | @DAL, vs NSH, vs CBJ

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I never understood why we were cup faves by so many. I looked at that d Corp and said nope. I think many people thought Makar was further along then he actually is. EJ is a yr older coming off an injury, Cole is a yr older coming off an injury that should have sidelined him until December, Girard is going in his third season, Z continues to regress, Ryan Graves should be in the AHL. That D corp isn't going to get you to a cup.

I think everyone saw what Heiskanen and Dahlin did and thought Makar would easily be ready for a top pair role immediately like they were. But those two are special special players and while I have 0 doubts Makar will be a top pairing dman in the near future, he isn't those guys.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think everyone saw what Heiskanen and Dahlin did and thought Makar would easily be ready for a top pair role immediately like they were. But those two are special special players and while I have 0 doubts Makar will be a top pairing dman in the near future, he isn't those guys.
Heineken is a studly stud. That guy is going to win a multiple Norris trophies before its said and done.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Put Z in front of the net on the PP. Why the **** not 1 for 17.

I don’t know; z just might make a good power forward. He does have some skills and a pretty good shot. I really do love z but wonder why he’s so bad at cover ppl behind and in front of the net but along the board and open ice he’s a beast.

Reactions: MacBradley

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

"Bednar also says there’s a disconnect between the forwards and defense as Avs are not playing as a group of five on the ice."

Exactly what I said in the other thread. The forwards arent helping the D which is the source of most of the problems.

Girard is one of the best dman in the league at getting the puck out of the zone and even he is struggling. Something's very wrong.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Someone needs to smack Burakovsky in the head. Stop bobbling the puck and stop shooting into the goalie's chest.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
We also need to smack Makar, Kadri, Jost, Compher(before last night), Donskoi, Mackinnon, Graves and Z for this.

Burakovsky is the biggest culprit. He has Rantanen's place on the PP and he's absolutely terrible at it. He'll receive a crisp pass from Mackinnon only to bobble it or wait 3 seconds and shoot into the chest.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I’m not really all that worried. Yeah, we suck at the moment but it’s a long season and we’re missing some really key dudes. A lot of the rest of our key players are new to the system and just getting to know each other anyway.

That being said - I’ve been a pretty big fan over the years, but Bednar seems to be a little slow on the draw with answers at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foppberg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I’m not really all that worried. Yeah, we suck at the moment but it’s a long season and we’re missing some really key dudes. A lot of the rest of our key players are new to the system and just getting to know each other anyway.

I’ve been a pretty big fan over the years, but Bednar seems to be a little slow on the draw with answers at the moment.
Another problem with those key players being out is theres no timetable for their return so the rest of the guys need to get their shit together coaching staff included . STL still winning games without Tank in the lineup. I want to believe our forward corp is comparable to them.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Another problem with those key players being out is theres no timetable for their return so the rest of the guys need to get their **** together coaching staff included . STL still winning games without Tank in the lineup. I want to believe our forward corp is comparable to them.
We definintely shouldn’t be getting our asses handed to us by Dallas of all teams. That’s for sure.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad