Pre-Game Talk: Weekly Schedule Thread (@STL, @VGK, vs SJx2)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I can't get the GDT today, I'm at work already. Come on, somebody grab it!

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
So Avs/Vegas is 2nd half of B2B on NBCSN? That means it's almost guaranteed the 1st game (B-Lose/Mild) will go to a shootout, and we'll miss half, or all, of the 1st period.
Second periods are our best anyway. You'll only be missing the Knights scoring 1 second into their first PP of the game on their first shot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's an interesting lineup.

The injuries are forcing it but I still can't believe the season is almost over and we're still doing this Compher thing. He has been one of the least effective and productive players on the team. Last game he was on the second line and top PP unit and tonight he's centering the third line and will probably find his way onto one of the PP units as well. He has played his best and maybe only good hockey this season at 4th line wing so hopefully we can get back to that soon.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
A stat that is mostly meaningless but also kind of speaks to Mackinnon this year....

He's on a 15 game point streak right now, the longest streak of any player this year. In fact, in 43 games this season, he has failed to record a point in only 7 of them, and only once has he went more than a single game without finding the score sheet.

McDavid for reference has been held pointless 10 times this year in 47 games despite having over 20 more points.

Mack is as consistent as it gets in the league. He doesn't rack up the high point games like others, but he finds his way onto the scoresheet ans contributes pretty much every night.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I read on "AvsInsider" on Instagram that I guess through some backchannels Sakic confirmed the schedule, Covid shots, and what not have basically drained the team.

Take it with a grain of salt but they've done okay.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
In all seriousness the MacDonald injury could not have come at a worse time. He played major minutes and excelled, which eased the workload of the Big Three while also limiting the role and minutes guys like Graves, Timmins, and now Nemeth were required to play. He was the workhorse of this defense and since he's been out, Girard, Toews, and Makar have had a much harder go at it. You see them making a lot more mistakes and the opposition is keying in on them big-time. Plus, all three of them look pretty tired right now.

Reactions: MarkT

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
In all seriousness the MacDonald injury could not have come at a worse time. He played major minutes and excelled, which eased the workload of the Big Three while also limiting the role and minutes guys like Graves, Timmins, and now Nemeth were required to play. He was the workhorse of this defense and since he's been out, Girard, Toews, and Makar have had a much harder go at it. You see them making a lot more mistakes and the opposition is keying in on them big-time. Plus, all three of them look pretty tired right now.

The workhorse of this defence? He got healthy scratched recently.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So? Doesn’t mean it was the right decision. But they weren’t about to scratch the guy they should’ve scratched (Graves) so whatever.

Also...was he really healthy? Methinks not.

True, he may not have been. He’s been a useful player, but he took a step back in the last 4/5 games that he played.

I’d definitely prefer him to be healthy to bring added competition to a guy like Nemeth on the bottom pair though.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
True, he may not have been. He’s been a useful player, but he took a step back in the last 4/5 games that he played.

I’d definitely prefer him to be healthy to bring added competition to a guy like Nemeth on the bottom pair though.

Yes, yes he did, but he wasn't going to be this Corsi Force of Nature forever. I imagine he was settling down a bit but still more capable than Graves or Nemeth at playing that second pairing.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Yes, yes he did, but he wasn't going to be this Corsi Force of Nature forever. I imagine he was settling down a bit but still more capable than Graves or Nemeth at playing that second pairing.

He clicked really well with Girard for a while. It seemed like it wasn’t going to last judging by his recent play, but he served the Avs well before going down.

Hopefully we get more of the Ryan Graves we saw last night moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad