Pre-Game Talk: Weekly Schedule Thread (@STL, @VGK, vs SJx2)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So starting rotation guess for the week? Gru, Gru, Dub, Gru
I hope so. On one hand it would be nice to ease Grubauer back in but I’d love for him to have a game under his belt to get into a groove before playing Vegas. I’m hoping he goes tonight, day off tomorrow, light morning skate Wednesday and plays again against Vegas Wednesday night.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If Grubi is joining the team you’ve got to think he’s playing, no?

I don’t know why they’d fly him out just to be the backup. They could just wait a day and fly him out to Vegas.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't think he goes tonight....

I'd start Johansson tonight. IMO he looked better than Dubby overall, Duby kind of let us down on that last game.

I'd start Johansson with Duby as the back up.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Johansson in net against a team not the ducks?

1NAa.gif

But I do like Kaut getting some time next to Kadri.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I am assuming that Rantanen tested positive for Covid at this point, unless the Avs hold out players for longer periods of time than the other teams in the league based on contacts (it would not surprise me if the Avs take this approach).

LOB should not be in the lineup after the last game, injuries or not. I find that to be a disappointing decision from Bednar (at least for accountability consistency, although he has not been consistent in the past - AHL caliber players seem to receive more leeway than younger, more talented future NHL players it seems).

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Hopefully the Saad injury is just Bednar erring on the side of caution to allow him to be rested and fully healthy for the playoffs. If we were in a tight battle for the playoffs there probably wouldn't be as much flexibility with resting players as Bednar said he would do early in the season. That said, ideally we'd have a healthy lineup in the next two games against St. Louis and Vegas before resting guys in easier games after that.

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
I am assuming that Rantanen tested positive for Covid at this point, unless the Avs hold out players for longer periods of time than the other teams in the league based on contacts (it would not surprise me if the Avs take this approach).

LOB should not be in the lineup after the last game, injuries or not. I find that to be a disappointing decision from Bednar (at least for accountability consistency, although he has not been consistent in the past - AHL caliber players seem to receive more leeway than younger, more talented future NHL players it seems).

Reactions: Goulet17

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We’ll be the 3rd seed very soon.
We're ahead of Minnesota by 1 point with 2 games in hand, so even if we lose to St. Louis and Vegas we'll still be ahead with same number of games played, and have a much easier run-in than Minnesota who play St. Louis 5 times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad