Weekly News Roundup (9/26 - 10/2) -- TNA's doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Well she needs to be bought out and there are ways for her to muck things up. Maybe her value of the company is absurd and not based in reality, or more likely she still wants to stay involved some while the buyer wants her gone.

Is Dixie herself doing negotiations this time around? Last I followed TNA, her mom had taken over the financial management of the company and negotiated the deal with Toby Keith but also insisted Dixie be kept on to try and save her daughter some face.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder if WWE fills the entire stadium for the Royal Rumble.

Friday almost over....

Here you are:

Regarding TNA, this is what we know. The talent has been told to come to Orlando and that everything is on. Nobody knows who is paying for it. Nothing has been announced regarding a sale. Nobody has officially said the shows are on, particularly Bound for Glory, but talent is under the impression that the shows are on.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Lol that is vague. If what we know is true, they need a **** ton of money from someone. Who is just gonna give that to them without something in return

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd hate to see the company tell all the talent to be there only for them to find out that there is no show. That'd be horrible.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
In the "who?" and/or "who the hell cares?" department, Hugo Knox has been released from the company.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I'd hate to see the company tell all the talent to be there only for them to find out that there is no show. That'd be horrible.

Part of me would laugh my *** off if the TNA PPV goes through as planned and viewers tune in to see Vince McMahon fire the TNA roster live and make Bound For Glory into NXT Takeover TNA with the NXT wrestlers that are already in Florida. :P

Seriously though I do kind of feel bad for some of the roster especially the knockouts who are finally being built back up with talented women from the indies. Even if they are kind of being misused like Cherry Bomb pretending to be a personal assisstant with zero wrestling talent. :(

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's only funded for Bound for Glory.

Sale talks will resume next week. Vince is still hovering around to try and scoop the tape library up for dirt cheap.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Vince has nothing to gain from funding TNA so they can tape shows into October. He's only hanging around to buy the library cheap.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What the hell would they even do with the video library?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What the hell would they even do with the video library?

Put it on the network. Now that they have big former TNA names like Roode, Young, Styles, Joe, it'd come in handy for the network and any DVDs they would want to release on those guys.

Either way, it'd be a very long time before WWE actually saw any sort of financial return on such a purchase.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I need a Bobby Roode DVD already?

Samoa Joe, you'd need to buy ROH's library too

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"The Death of TNA" would make more money than TNA is worth

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
"The Death of TNA" would make more money than TNA is worth

Alvarez has joked before (recently) that he wouldn't write that book because it'd consist of one sentence and it'd be something like "Dixie Carter really ****ing sucks at running a wrestling promotion".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad