Weekly News Roundup (9/26 - 10/2) -- TNA's doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Smaller venues will give more people better views.
They use smaller venues for house shows, but they also use bigger ones if there isn't a smaller one to use.

And it's not like they're going into a 16k building like posted and expecting to fill it or anything. They just take what they can.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kimi, I can only speak to Pittsburgh's history. They never go anywhere but Consol which holds 18k. I would really like to see them go to a 5k place and we have plenty of venues here.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They use smaller venues for house shows, but they also use bigger ones if there isn't a smaller one to use.

And it's not like they're going into a 16k building like posted and expecting to fill it or anything. They just take what they can.

They use smaller venues for towns that only have them. In other words, in general, they're always going for the largest arena in town.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Their cost for house shows are pretty cheap so it's likely they're money-makers for them. With very little production costs, they probably don't have to pay much to rent out the building for the night.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Smaller venues will give more people better views.

This is true, plus smaller venue typically means better atmosphere for the shows. I love going to small indie shows because you can hear everything everyone says. It's great! A part of me would love WWE to return to those early RAW shows from the Manhattan Center sort of vibe for it's house shows.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is true, plus smaller venue typically means better atmosphere for the shows. I love going to small indie shows because you can hear everything everyone says. It's great! A part of me would love WWE to return to those early RAW shows from the Manhattan Center sort of vibe for it's house shows.

It may be a better view or atmosphere and even if we assume a smaller cost for the venue, WWE probably loses on the revenue as well. They would be able to charge more in the bigger venues for the closer seats than they would in the smaller venues for a similar seat.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The idea of going to a smaller venue would simply be for your fans. Better sights and let me tell you something.. if you go into an arena with 5k when it seats 18k, you feel like you are at something stupid. If you go to a soldout venue with it being loud as hell filling all 5k, it would feel special.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
People speculating on twitter someone has bought TNA. Won't say who so it's probably BS.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
"The deal IS finalized with TNA. And the name on the contract does say McMahon......"

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad