Weekly News Roundup (8/22 - 8/28) -- Randy/Brock news, ADR, Styles, Charlotte heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nobody who is full time does anymore. Punk was the last one, and as we've seen, he chose to walk away than keep fighting what he saw was a losing battle. It's just not the culture in the PG Era.

They definitely want at least those three (Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte) to be top stars for the company, not just good wrestlers who are light years better than what they had in the division 5-10 years ago. Just have to hope that Hunter has enough pull when it comes to the women to know what's best for them, because we've seen what they've done with Paige.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No one will really stand up for themselves and go against "the machine" backstage like Punk did because Triple H isn't hiring guys like that. He said once in an interview that it's not just about their talent, but their "attitude". He was pretty vague. They don't like guys like that these days. Punk was the last one to do it and he said no one else in the locker room, not even Dean or Seth of the new guys (when he did the podcast) would stand up for themselves. Maybe Cena and Randy, but that's about it.

They just flat out don't like guys like that and probably will shy away from hiring them if they even get a hint of them having an attitude where they want to fight for stuff, stand up, etc.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Randy probably has mailed it in in that regard. He's accomplished all he's going to at an age where guys are just now getting in and/or over.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Randy just wants to work with young guys and have good matches at this point. He doesn't care about the titles.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Orton is 15 months older than Balor is, lol. I think people take for granted how young Orton started.

it's crazy. He had accomplished everything there was to accomplish by 30 I believe.

Royal rumble, world titles, IC title, tag titles, WM main event... There's nothing left for him to do. He even knows it. He doesn't care about titles anymore he wants to put on good performances and have matches with the younger, newer guys like Balor, Owens, Zayn, Wyatt, Styles (newer, not younger), etc.

It's awesome and hopefully means we see a passionate and fired up Randy when he works with these guys.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Now, the source is Forbes, but they are sourcing a "person with insider knowledge".

Apparently the WWE isn't 100% against a Daniel Bryan ring return. They said while WWE doctors have not cleared him, some private doctors have. They go on to say that we could continue to see wrestlers shoot Bryan for quitting and walking away, and if that's the case, it could eventually lead to a Daniel Bryan return, even in a one-off.

They do state that it is still unlikely to happen.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I feel like I have to say it all the time and people still post things from Forbes - it's not legit, anyone can post anything there. Forbes is garbage lol.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This is too amazing to NOT post and hell...I don't even know what brand he's on..BUT this is the greatest news of the year.

Late Shift host Steven Bell posted on Twitter that former NXT Champion Bo Dallas was booted from WWE's flight from the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport to Mexico for being intoxicated. Bell said that he heard Dallas "very loudly singing the Lion King song" in the background while he spoke to his wife, in a situation you really can't make up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad