Weekly News Roundup (8/22 - 8/28) -- Randy/Brock news, ADR, Styles, Charlotte heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah... it was going to be right after that Cena/Wyatt program and Punk would have pretty much reversed the damage to Wyatt caused by Cena as Punk was on his way out (he was going to go over HHH and was not expected to re-sign with the company)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I am in no way an Orton fan, but kudos to him for being a professional despite getting handed a really ****** stick here.

Company should never ask someone to do a job like that. Funny considering he was such a jackass in the past.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Between the Okada rumour, the Punk-Bray program that never happened and people seeing money in Big Cass, this thread doesn't bring the feeling it should :(

If KO wins the belt Monday, then the Reigns suspension will officially have the biggest Butterfly Effect post-Attitude Era in WWE. Bigger than Punk leaving.
Would also be the best thing to happen to WWE in years.

Damn, if KO or Cass wins on Monday, we'll have the 5th first-time major champion in a year in a half (The Shield members and Finn Balor). AJ can beat Dean as well.
Has this ever happened?

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sasha was going to have a long run with the belt, but her back injury nixed that and forced her to drop the belt at Summerslam.

Bayley is now in line as top baby face, at least until Sasha heals up.

Speaking of Bayley. Vince was apparently really happy with the reaction she got. He supposedly sees a lot of AJ Lee in her. I think this means in her popularity and not character per say. (Not a bad thing as Vince loved AJ).

Usos are going to work heel and feud with American Alpha for the SD Titles.

Edit: What a wasteland we got on the RAW side of things from Summerslam. We lost Sasha's long title run, a fresh Finn/KO title feud with Jericho getting involved, and Roman/Seth away from the main event. At least SD is on track for the most part, and we do have our Huglord

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sasha's injury also had to have felt the need to write a new storyline. Clash of Champions is still a month away from yesterday. She could have conceivably held on to the title without defending it until then, unless they think she'll be out longer.

They really need to find stop lowballing people and find another girl or two for Raw. If Sasha is out for another month, there is still only Bayley. Strange since the draft ended up with the headliners on the women's side, Smackdown ended up with the deeper roster there.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Maybe when Sasha returns she'll stop working like an idiot and tone it down.

Agreed. Found it weird that Charlotte is getting heat when Sasha herself does....essentially nothing to protect her health.

Certainly a talented woman but I feel she'll be very, very plagued by injuries for a lot of her career.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
That would be the dumbest ****ing ****.

Like Mr. T, Lawerence Taylor, Snookie, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Butterbean, Shaq, and that green arrow dude?

In all honesty it really wouldn't feel like a Wrestlemania if we didn't have at least one stupid match like that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Agreed. Found it weird that Charlotte is getting heat when Sasha herself does....essentially nothing to protect her health.

Certainly a talented woman but I feel she'll be very, very plagued by injuries for a lot of her career.

Charlotte got heat for carelessly dropping her off the top.

Meltzer made a comparison to Eddie Guerrero (how fitting considering Sasha is a huge Eddie mark) about how Eddie gave it his all in the ring and was so beat up behind the curtain and in pain, and said the same thing about Sasha and how she's hurting.

She's been hurt so much since being called up that you'd think someone would have told her to slow her **** down by now and that she's talented enough to have a good match with a simple story rather than trying to kill herself in every long-form match she has.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Like Mr. T, Lawerence Taylor, Snookie, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Butterbean, Shaq, and that green arrow dude?

In all honesty it really wouldn't feel like a Wrestlemania if we didn't have at least one stupid match like that.

We already have Shaq vs. Big Show.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Hey now!

Amell actually worked a halfway decent match considering.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, I respect Amell for not looking like an idiot when he was in the ring.

I think that the issue with Sasha and Charlotte is that they worked so hard to get respect for women's wrestling through NXT, that now they're up here and hear from everyone that they're going to be pushed as huge stars, they feel a responsibility to keep people talking about them, like they're too scared to have a bad match.

Sasha also wouldn't be doing a fair bit of what she does if she was working heel.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Sasha also wouldn't be doing a fair bit of what she does if she was working heel.

Agreed, she'd do more storytelling as a heel rather than trying to injure herself suicide diving and doing top rope stuff every match to pump up the crowd. Its okay to do the odd exciting move but you don't have to do it every night, save stuff for big matches or big PPVs. A good example is Charlotte with her moonsault, she's done it what like 3-4 times maybe? its impressive and used for big matches.

Edit: Also don't mind heel Uso's vs AA for the tag titles, AA's gotta come out on top tho

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
She is definitely playing into Vince's concerns from a few months back in pushing her. He isn't going to give the keys to the kingdom to someone he doesn't think can stay healthy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed, she'd do more storytelling as a heel rather than trying to injure herself suicide diving and doing top rope stuff every match to pump up the crowd. Its okay to do the odd exciting move but you don't have to do it every night, save stuff for big matches or big PPVs. A good example is Charlotte with her moonsault, she's done it what like 3-4 times maybe? its impressive and used for big matches.

Edit: Also don't mind heel Uso's vs AA for the tag titles, AA's gotta come out on top tho

As I recall, I don't think Sasha did it at Summerslam, and that was one of the things I was looking for to make sure I didn't miss it. You're right on Charlotte's moonsaults, she's only done that in big spots. I'd like to see Sasha use the Frog Splash the same way.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
- Sasha Banks was going to have a long run with the title until her back injury threw a wrench in those plans. Bayley is now the top face and contender in the Raw division. She originally wasn't going to be hotshot into the title picture upon her debut. That said, Vince is a big fan of Bayley and sees a lot of AJ Lee in her.

So how long before Vince turns her into a crazy **** character?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So how long before Vince turns her into a crazy **** character?

I have less concern about Vince turning her into a crazy character as much as I do them going all Bella on Sasha because of her popularity. They will flip her so many times that it'll prevent her from really establishing an identity as a character. I just hope Sasha has enough push in her to stand up to that possibility.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Atleast he likes Bayley, so we don't have to be too worried about her now

Ya I could see this being a reason they let Sasha get as much time as she needs to heal as opposed to rushing her back. Bayley gives them leeway in the RAW women's program (without her Sasha would need to hurry back or they would have to pilfer Becky or Nikki from SD).

This is the problem with splitting the women up. RAW doesn't have enough depth and SD doesn't have enough star power (love Becks but she is booked as a mid carder and Nikki is very much old guard. She isn't on Sasha/Bayley level).

If everyone was on one show they could weather a Sasha injury while still slow burning Bayley.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I have less concern about Vince turning her into a crazy character as much as I do them going all Bella on Sasha because of her popularity. They will flip her so many times that it'll prevent her from really establishing an identity as a character. I just hope Sasha has enough push in her to stand up to that possibility.

They would of forced her onto Total Divas by now if that was going to happen. Someone back stage is making sure the Horsewomen remain as wrestlers and not "divas".

Paige really got the short end of that stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad