Weekly News Roundup (24/10 - 30/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
If it's not Cena vs. Taker I fully expect Cena vs. Styles for the title to close the show.

I don't even want Taker on the card anymore. His rub is gone and his performance has been declining drastically each year.

Just let the deadman rest ... in peace...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So basically if Billy wins he case he essentially purchased TNA for 1.8 Million dollars. If he loses than Anthem gets its for 1.8 Million (well 85% of the company).

Either way Dixie will only own 5% of the company so she is essentially out by Monday.

I wonder what the WWE's offer was and if it was more than 1.8 Million.

Looks like fools all around. Only Dixie could put herself in this situation where she losses her company for pennies on the dollar. And Billy C why would you give nearly 2 Million dollars of you own money to a money pit like TNA? Does he really want to own a wrestling company that badly?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The WWE deal fell through because Dixie lied to them about the true state of TNA's debt.

So once they found out what was really going on with the books. Their initial offer was thrown off and they pulled out.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Was the fall of WCW this entertaining?

Maybe it was just me, but in the moment I just figured somebody (other than Vince) would buy WCW. Bischoff's deal fell through and suddenly Vince was the buyer. I was bummed that the final Nitro was their annual Spring Break episode. Kinda wish they had gotten a proper send off in an arena setting, albeit the roster was pretty depleted.

Looking back at it (mostly through the Death of WCW book), it was comically bad how things had gotten.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hope to listen to the audiobook Bryan Alvarez just did but I heard him say it was like 14 hours or something.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's how long the book is in audio.

I know you lot have issues with writing dates wrong, didn't know you had the same problem with time :P.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No I know what it is (I'm in logistics so I deal a lot with europeans and stupid their dates and times and phone numbers and metric system), I have no idea how I could find 14 hours and 27 minutes to listen to all of that, even in just a few sittings. I'd need to go on like, a drive, to Toronto or something.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Apparently, Kevin Dunn hates Becky Lynch's accent and doesn't want to hear it anymore so she may not get much promo time anymore.

That bucky beaver mother ****er.

- Everyone wants the women to go on last at HIAC except for Vince. He's not convinced they should go on last and they have to change his minds.

- There are currently no plans to bring Shinsuke Nakamura to the main roster; he's being pegged as NXT's flagship star.

I think Becky may be throwing some shade lol

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
No I know what it is (I'm in logistics so I deal a lot with europeans and stupid their dates and times and phone numbers and metric system), I have no idea how I could find 14 hours and 27 minutes to listen to all of that, even in just a few sittings. I'd need to go on like, a drive, to Toronto or something.
I say you work on maximising your time on the loo and getting the paper version^^.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She's been back in training for a few months now I believe.

It's been over 2 years since her last 1v1 match

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The best theory I can come up with is that since the original main event had KO going over with the assist from Y2J, that Vince still wanted a heel win ending the show combined with the 50/50 booking that since Sasha went over in the main event of Raw, Charlotte needed to get that moment back at the ppv. Together they're egregiously stupid to think this, and would be worse if they put the title back on Sasha so quick, oh man, that Boston crowd would be furious.

The only real acceptable reason would be that Sasha got hurt again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad